cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on a development server and have done all the system administrations and content management (folder creations, Permissions and workflow etc). NOW we want to transport the system to QA.

KM offers a facility of exporting configurations, content and users.

Can some one help me with the points we should consider before transporting.

We are planning to do in following way-

1 Exporting the configuration settings by export facility available at system configutaion > tools > export

2 Create an export file for the content, pointing at the root repository and then importing it into QA. WILL IT ALSO TRANSPORT THE PERMISSIONS AND WORKFLOW FOR EACH FOLDER?

3 Transport Work groups , roles , users using the export facility in the user administration.

4 Manually configuraing the Trex , Indexing and classification.

If any one has done this transport , please help us in seamless transport from Development to QA. FULL POINTS WILL BE AWARDED.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

I have not worked on Transport but can answer this Question

WILL IT ALSO TRANSPORT THE PERMISSIONS AND WORKFLOW FOR EACH FOLDER?

Ans :: No

Regards.

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

I guessed so?

But then how do we transport folders with permissions and workflows. Even copying and pasting with the Portal drive does not help.

Pl help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

In order to transport KM related content across systems, you should:

1. First transport the users/groups via user Admin.

2. Then transport the Portal Content(roles, iviews etc) using System Administration->Transport.

3. Then use the classic HowTo guide:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/38effdbf-0d01-0010-c3ad-9d9547a4...

to transport KM Content via the ICE protocol. ACL permissions set for the individual folders/documents in your Content Reporsitory ARE transported.

4. Of course, TREX settings will have to be redone, since the TREX engine has to now point to a new system.

Please also take a call, if you want to store your Content in teh local DB of the Portal, or a separate File System Repository.

hope that helped,

Kshitij.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Kshitij, I will take from here

I am closing this thread with marking full marks to you.

Answers (0)