cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've the following scenario. I want to customize the KM with FlexiUI. i want to change and trigger approval before publication of that change.

Can Flexible UI handle both or should i use the KM API along with my FlexiUI code to trigger the publishing process?

Regards,

~A.k.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

carsten_buechert
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arunkumar,

Did I understand you correctly? You want to have a KM rescource be published automatically whenever it is changed? If so, there is no automated process that may help you. But you may:

- Switch of approval, so every change to a resource is visibile immediately, or

- Write your own KM Scheduler that checks for unreleased resoource as does the approval for you.

If your issue is of different kind, please come back.

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

I am also working on the same task with Arunkumar.

I guess you have misunderstood the issue. This is it -

Can the standard features like KM Document edit be used with Flexible UI?

or Is it possible to use KM APIs with KM Flexible UIs to achieve the standard features?

Can you please throw light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

M.Subathra

P.S: Arunkumar has gone on vacation today. Points will be awarded by wednesday.

carsten_buechert
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subathra,

>Can the standard features like KM Document edit be used with Flexible UI?

Yes, of yourse! Whenever you use KM you also use FlexUI. The default KM naviagtion iViews and the default KM commands (like 'edit locally', 'submit for approval', etc.) are part of the FlexUI.

FlexUI comes with hundreds of Renderers, Commands, LayoutSets and Flavours. You can put them together in any way you want. Additionally, you may write your own commands, renderers or other FlexUI components and add them to your FlexUI configuration. Normally, KM is used with FlexUI.

If you don't like FlexUI, you may write your own web front end (we did it using HTMLB) and use the KM API to access the KM repositories.

HTH,

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

This is what I have interpreted - KM APIs can be very well be used with KM Flexible UI to achieve the standard features like editing & saving the docs.

A clarification required - Does Flexible UI have API of its own(not the KM APIs) to facilitate editing of KM docs?

Also, is there any URL dealing this.

I am aware of the following link.

https://media.sdn.sap.com/html/submitted_docs/nw_kmc/howto/km/flexui/Flexible%20UI%20Components.html...

Is there any other link?

Please help.

Thanks & regards,

M.Subathra

carsten_buechert
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Does Flexible UI have API of its own(not the KM APIs) to facilitate editing of KM docs?

No, FlexUI classes are part of the <a href="https://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/current/km/index.html">KM API</a>.

You will find KM related Classes/Interfaces like IResource as well as FlexUI related Classes/Interfaces like IResourceRenderer.

HTH,

Carsten

Later: Maybe you should have a look at <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/42/631a15c81f0bcce10000000a114cbd/frameset.htm">this</a> resource in SAP Library.

Message was edited by:

Carsten Buechert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Thank you so much for the information provided.

This is what I have understood - KM Flexi UI enable us to develop our own property renderers, collection renderers etc etc.. We need to develop these as a RF service which is again a Portal service and deploy the service to the Portal server. Then, we need to define our own collection renderer,property renderer in Portal by doing the necessary mapping & settings,if needed. The next step is to define a layout profile and then a Layout Set. Going ahead, we have to create a KM Navigation iView and set its Layout Set property to the one we just defined. Setting the Layout Set property is to be done using APIs in portal components.

I hope the flow is correct. Please advice.

Thanks & regards,

M.Subathra

carsten_buechert
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

that's not so bad ;o)

But:

- The rendereres, commands, etc. are NOT a RF Service. But you will put a RF service within the same portal project to register your classloader for usage in KM. You find details following the link you've put into your initial request.

- Setting the Layout Set property is NOT done using APIs in portal components. Setting the Layout Set property is: setting a property called 'Layout Set' in the KM Navigation iView.

That's it. Please think about a little reward (points) if you get your things done.

Greetings from rainy Germany,

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Thanks a lot for that explanation.

Sure you will be rewarded But please bear with me for one more day as Arunkumar is yet to be back.

Regards,

M.Subathra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Thanks a ton for that explanation.

Points rewarded as promised.

Regards,

~A.k.

Answers (0)