cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KFs in a multiprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiello Experts,

I have two infocubes. One of them has sales amount (0AMOUNT) and the other cube has Costs (0AMOUNT).

I intend to get these cubes in a multiprovider and I want both these key figures in it. They have the same technical name, but they mean different things.

Can I do this or does the MP stop me from assigning KFs with the same name in the MP?

Thanks

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nav attributes like dimentions. SO, you need to identify them in the multicube.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

in MP under KF section you will find the Identifier button, here you must flag both 0AMOUNT from the two different Cubes.

In query if you want to distinguish beetween the two different amount from the two different cubes you can create two different Restricted KF based on the InfoProvider char, that is by default in a MP.

You can use the same KF from different cubes in a MP via Restricted Key Figure also becasue MP are generally used to match data from Annual InfoCubes (logical partitioning of cubes).

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. this helps.

Had one more question:

We link common charactersitics between the cubes.

Can we link common navig attributes too? Or do the navig attributes just get dragged along with their parent characteritics?

Appreciate your response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

you must connect corresponding Nav Attributes if you use in your query (or if the system requires the connection for activate the MP).

You can also connect a Nav Attributes with a Char in the other cubes, but use this option when you do not have this char in the previous cube and pay attention to historical values of the char like object of the cube and like Nav Attribute.

You can also use the button Create Proposal to have an idea of the possible combination.

If you have already connected two char do not introduce also the connection with the Nav Attributes that have the same char (ex: CUBE1-0MATERIAL connected with CUBE2-0MATERIAL, but not introduce connection with CUBE2-0MAT_SALES__0MATERIAL).

Ciao.

Riccardo.