cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Figure as Attribute Only Does Not Display in the Query Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created two new InfoObjects as Key Figures and for both, I checked the attribute only flag on the additional properties tab. Yet both Key Figures do not display on a list of key figures within the Query Designer. Is there a configuration or setting missing? Both were added to the communication structure and transfer rules of 0MAT_PLANT. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is an authorization problem. Key figures for display in Query Designer are checked against '1Keyfnm'.

See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6b/ebb3ac244f11d5b2e30050da4c74dc/frameset.htm

for further information.

Please assign points if helpful.

Regards,

Benedikt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was anyone able to find solution for this ??? We are having the same issue where we are unable to choose/display a KeyFigure in the query defined as a display attribute of master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help with this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. Does anyone have a solution for this issue? Our QA and PROD environment doesn't seem to have the issue, only our DEV environment.

Please help!

Thanks,

BQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

Thanks for your reply, but it is not what I need exactly. Let me try to clarify my original post. The key figure InfoObject is listed as an attribute. I wish to display this key figures as a "display attribute" (not navigational) on a query. But when I go into the query designer and try to use it, it is <u>not</u> available. I can see other attributes, but the list seems to only include attributes that are defined as characteristics, not key figures. Other SAP defined key figures that are assigned as attributes are not available in the query designer either. Have also noticed the same symptom on other master data objects as well. Based on research, the key figure definition should have the "attribute only" flag turned on. I have tried this and it does not seem to work. The goal is to have this key figure act like a normal display attribute. I know that I can re-define the InfoObject as a characteristic, but would rather not. Besides what good is it to allow key figures to be "attribute only" if you cannot display it? Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks!

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

The significance of having the Attribute Only check in the KF definition is that this KF cannot be included in the fact table of a cube, like any other key figure. It can only be attached as an attribute (display) to a char.

However I tried out an example,and I can see a KF attribute in the query designer and can use it, and am getting values in the report too.

Can you provide any more details about the query, char etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Did you look for the Key figure attribute under the Key Figures tab in the query designer..

It wont appear under the Characteristic Infoobject with other attributes..but will be under the Key figures tab..

Let me know

Ashish..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

The query technical name is 0IC_C03_Q0012. The two key figure attributes in question are associated with plant material.

The problem appears to be within our development environment. Similar attributes are viewable in the query designer within our QA and production environments for the same query.

It appears that maybe a general type setting in the development environment is preventing key figure attributes to be viewed. I transported the key figure attributes from development to QA and they can be viewed in QA.

By the way, we are on BW 3.5 support level 12.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

Thank you for your reply. I can see the Key Figure attributes in the Query Designer within our QA environment, but cannot in our development environment.

Please refer to my latest response to Bhanu for the full details.

Thanks.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Have you seen OSS note 761089...do you think this may be the case?

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I am facing the same problem.

I have an InfoObject-char ZEMP0YEE with char & keyfigure attributes.

Problem is am able to see all the attributes in PRD but in QA & DEV i could see only char-attributes in my query.

Appreciate the respose.

Thanks,

Swordfish

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

You would need to pull in this KF value from the master data through a formula variable. See this link for details on how to do this:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/how to calculate with attributes

Hope this helps...