cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KEB2: "number of transfered records < number of read records" why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an extractor 1_CO_PA_1000. When I go to R/3 and look in KEB2 I can see that less records are transfered than read for 1_CO_PA_1000. This is not the case for every request - some times every read record is transfered.

Does anybody have some ideas about how that can be?

Kind regards,

Torben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....i think is a Start routine problem, most of the FI CO datasources have start routines and delete some records according to some logic on them...

Check that..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Key Figure Model versus Account Model in CB COPA

Key Figure model:

Pros:

• Number of records is lesser as a result of having more key figures.

• Direct access to key figures during run time.

• Better data read performance as number of records is lesser - read time depends more on number of records than the size of records. Lesser records = shorter read time.

Cons:

• Lack of flexibility when it comes to redesigning- additional key figure may need to be added.

• Length of each record is more as a result of having more key figures and may generate empty cells if not all key figure are used.

Account model:

Pros:

• Changes to data model can be made more easily. Does not require adding more key figures.(Please refer to the example)

• Length of each record is lesser.

• If a key figure is not being used, no additional record is added.

Cons:

• Number of records is very high.

• Data read performance is affected as result of having more records.

Example:

If we want to assign multiple key figures (say different type of revenues) to a characteristic (say customer), we can use both the key figure model as well as the account model.

Key figure model;

Customer Revenue1 Revenue2 Revenue3

A 10 20 50

B 10 40

Account model:

Customer Revenue type Revenue

A 1 10

A 2 20

A 3 50

B 1 10

B 3 40

As we can see from the above example, the key figure model has lesser number of records than the account model. We can easily add an additional revenue type in the account model, because we do not have to change the data structure. In the key figure model, on the other hand, we must add an additional key figure to the structure.

It is also apparent that the number of additional records in the account model depends on the number of key figures that are actually being used. If there are key figures that are not being used, then empty cells are generated in the key figure model but no additional records are added in the account model.

The amount of memory required to store data depends on both the number and the length of records. The number and length depend on the model chosen. The key figure or the account model will require lesser memory depending on the relationship between record length and number of records. The key figure model is better when all or most of the key figures are filled up in each record. The account based model is better if we expect to have key figures that will not be filled up.

For CB COPA, below two concerns started the conversation to explore key figure model.

• Expected additional duration during ETL (for transposing key figure model records into account model).

• Better performance with key figure model started the discussion to go for key figure model.

But, below reasons are strongly driving towards account model for CB COPA.

• Key figure model does not offer the query flexibility which account model offers. With account model, a specific line in P&L can freely be selected and drilled down (Flexible column reports, for example).

• Account model tends to be easier to explain to user community. When some body drills down on Account in P&L, Account model will give amounts in transparent accounts. With key figure model, account drill down won’t be straight forward. (COGS value field in CB COPA won’t give corresponding COGS account number during account drill down).

• All other data models (CCA, Oracle data, Freight, Layers, and Adjustment) will be in account model and making just CB COPA to key figure model will result in complexity in query creation and maintenance.

• It has been tried and tested with satisfactory results with AB-COPA. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its depends on the type of extracter ur using Cost based or account based..?

in cost based is it key figure model or account model COPA ...?

MSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

I dont know if there is anywhere that I can see what kind it is? But if I look in KEB2 (infosource: 1_CO_PA_1000) it says that the profitability analysis type is "Costing-based Profitability Analysis".

Kind regards,

Torben

former_member185071
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Torben

Please have a look in to u r ABAP code @ system end which is presented in u r

user exit.

Based on the exit its filtering the records..

Hope itz clear a little atleast...!

Thanks & Regards

R M K

***Assigning pointz is the only way of saying thanx in SDN ***

**Winners dont do different things,they do things differently**

> Hi

> I have an extractor 1_CO_PA_1000. When I go to R/3

> and look in KEB2 I can see that less records are

> transfered than read for 1_CO_PA_1000. This is not

> the case for every request - some times every read

> record is transfered.

>

> Does anybody have some ideas about how that can be?

>

> Kind regards,

> Torben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R M K

I'm not quite sure where you want me to look. Is it in the start routine in the BW system or is it on the R3 system? Or somewhere else?

If I could make you specify a bit more it would be very nice.

Thanks for your reply.

Kind regards,

Torben

former_member185071
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Torben

In the R/3 system User exit which is in CMOD transaction..

Hope itz clear a little atleast...!

Thanks & Regards

R M K

***Assigning pointz is the only way of saying thanx in SDN ***

**Winners dont do different things,they do things differently**

> Hi R M K

> I'm not quite sure where you want me to look. Is it

> in the start routine in the BW system or is it on the

> R3 system? Or somewhere else?

>

> If I could make you specify a bit more it would be

> very nice.