cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All -

I am trying to enable a Jump functionality between two Web Templates. I have gone to Transaction RSBBS to create the sender/reciever assignment, I then tried to put in the Web Template name as the sender but I get an error that "query doesn't exsist". I'm thinking that there is a different way to assign sender/reciever for Web Templates. Can anybody provide any help as to what I could do?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nyrvole,

You need to put in the name of the query as the sender, then choose the Report type BW Web Application as receiver, and here you can choose your template (receiver).

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys!

In this transaction, I am only allowed to select a query as the sender. I am then able to select the web template as the reciever but what ends up happening is that when I jump from the query to the reciever, I get the variable entry screen of the web template.

the jump functionality works from query to query but I need it to work from web template to web template in the exact same way. Please help!!!

thanks

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So are you saying that after you maintained a link between a query (that has been used in a web template) and another web template, and then you execute the web template (which has the sender query) and try to jump the to the receiver web template, it does not work? I have tried out this situation and it does function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu, I am guessing his issue is when he is jumping from a query to a WT, the variable screen for that web template is popping up instead of this parameter being sent.

Try changing the assignment details from generically in RSBBS assignment for sender.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But Nyrvole does mention trying to enable jump between 2 web templates...let's wait for Nyrvole's reply...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to maintain a link between a query and a web template. When I jump from the query to the template I get the variable entry screen. It seems that the way the RSBBS transaction is set up, a sender MUST be a query. What I need it for both my sender and recieve to be web templates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it does not work. When I run the sender web template (which has the query sender) I don't even have the "GoTo" option.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please check the Enhanced Menu on the context menu. Or in the web template, check to see that this option is enabled in the context menu for the web item.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!

You are RIGHT!! This option was set to no display in the context menu. It works fine now..

For future reference, all i need to do is set up a jump between two queries and as long as those queries are embedded in a WT, the the jump should work, right?

thanks for all you help...

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to see that the issue is resolved.

For future I think you will have to set up the link between query and web template if you need to do a web to web jump. The same query can be part of more than one web template, so I am not sure how the system would react in this case: If you jump from Q1 in WT1 to Q2 which is in WT2, WT3 and WT4...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can only specify queries there. And in your web template, that specific data provider which is a query will have that jump functionality.