cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JspParseException when using WPC layout with wrappingMethod-attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am creating a custom WPC layout according to the example given in the How-to Guide "[How To... Create Custom Layouts|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/804bedee-377e-2e10-0f83-d5b33c743dbc?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]" on page 5.

I figured that the example does not work since the attribute "wrappingMethod" in the <lyt:container> tag seems not to be valid! If I deploy the example given in the How-To, the following exception is thrown on runtime:

Parser [PRT] - JspParseException is thrown while parsing JSP file <C:/usr/sap/EP1/J00/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/OIZLayout/servlet_jsp/OIZLayout/root/WEB-INF/jsp/oizLayout.jsp> : 
com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.exception.JspParseException: *Attribute [wrappingMethod] for tag [container] not found in tag library [Layout]*. 
Error in file [C:/usr/sap/EP1/J00/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/OIZLayout/servlet_jsp/Layout/root/WEB-INF/jsp/layout.jsp]; line: [138]; position: [8]
... etc ...

Only if I leave the <lyt:container> tag without the attribute wrappingMethod, the rendering works fine. However, all containers will now be wrapped with a table structure. The following example from the rendered page makes that a little clearer, hopefully:

<table style="width: 100%" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0"><tr><td>
<div id="navMainDept">
  <dl>
    <dt>
      <a href="http://www.google.com">
        <span>Google</span>
      </a>
    </dt>
  </dl>
</div>
</td></tr></table>

I would rather like to have it without any <table><tr><td>-wrapping at all. I think this exactly what wrappingMethod="none" is supposed to do. But as I mentioned earlier, using that leads to a JspParseException.

Is there any other way to prevent Netweaver from rendering the wrapping?

Thanks in advance

Walter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

First, welcome on SDN!

About your issue: On which portal version have you tested this? Because I just checked it on a 7.3 SP 5, and there the attribute wrappingMethod works.

Best regards

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Thank you for your reply.

As far as I consider, I do have Netweaver 7.3. However, I'm not quite sure about the service pack currently installed on our system. I will check that and come back to you as soon as possible, as not having the latest SP might actually be the cause for this issue...

Regards

Walter

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

> As far as I consider, I do have Netweaver 7.3

In that case, the cause of your issue is obvious. I just checked the 7.0 taglib, and there the wrappingMethod attribute is not implemented. That's probably also the (or one of the) reason(s), why the guide you have been referring to explicitely is for 7.3.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

As I mentioned earlier, I do have Netweaver 7.3. However, SP 5 is missing and that's most probably the reason why wrappingMethod is not working... I simply wasn't aware of the fact that I do need SP 5 in order to be able to use the wrappingMethod attribute.

Thanks for your clarification

Walter

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

My mistake, I read a "do not" where there was a "do"... Not enough sleep or too much skiing in my bones

So, yeah, maybe this came with some SP level on 7.3, can't say this, and didn't see a corresponding hint within the documentation... If this is really the case, it should be documented within the HowTo, so it might make sense to open an OSS message and point to this...

Hope it helps

Detlev

Answers (0)