cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM :- Error in JSPM_MAIN phase (class java.lang.Error:null)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to update 2 components on java enigine using JSPM.

and the EPS/in is being shared by 2 systems.So i use the command go '-config=/jspm/inbox=/usr/sap/trans/<SID of other system>/EPS/in' so when i select the components i get the error as:-

Line:----

An error occured during the execution of JSPM_MAIN phase :- class java.lang.Error:null

Jun 17, 2010 8:53:33 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.doExecute(AbstractPhaseType.java:764) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Error java.lang.Error: <null>

Jun 17, 2010 8:53:33 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.PhaseExecutor.execute(PhaseExecutor.java:255) [Thread[main,5,main]]: java.lang.Error: null

Jun 17, 2010 8:53:33 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.PhaseExecutor [Thread[main,5,main]]: java.lang.Error

at java.lang.System.getenv(System.java:248)

at com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.Destination.getNextAvailableBroker(Destination.java:51)

at com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.Destination.getRemoteBroker(Destination.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:340)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:675)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:257)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:233)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:209)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.connector.p4.P4ConnectorClient.<init>(P4ConnectorClient.java:69)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.connector.p4.ConnectorFactory.getJmxConnector(ConnectorFactory.java:31)

at com.sap.jmx.remote.JmxConnectionFactory.getConnector(JmxConnectionFactory.java:191)

at com.sap.jmx.remote.JmxConnectionFactory.getMBeanServerConnection(JmxConnectionFactory.java:92)

at com.sap.sdt.j700.sysinfo.licensing.LicenseService.<init>(LicenseService.java:99)

at com.sap.sdt.j700.sysinfo.licensing.LicenseServiceFactory.createLicenseService(LicenseServiceFactory.java:58)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.deployment.preparator.QueuePreparator.checkMaintenanceCertificate(QueuePreparator.java:1790)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.deployment.preparator.QueuePreparator.checkQueue(QueuePreparator.java:433)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.deployment.DeploymentFacade.checkQueue(DeploymentFacade.java:366)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.deployment.CheckQueueStep.prepareUI(CheckQueueStep.java:308)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.deployment.DeploymentProcessController.execute(DeploymentProcessController.java:359)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.DialogController.execute(DialogController.java:544)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.phases.PhaseTypeJSPM.execute(PhaseTypeJSPM.java:113)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.doExecute(AbstractPhaseType.java:738)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.PhaseExecutor.executePhase(PhaseExecutor.java:295)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.PhaseExecutor.execute(PhaseExecutor.java:226)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionExecutor.executeClassRef(ActionExecutor.java:204)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionExecutor.execute(ActionExecutor.java:114)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.executeAction(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:400)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.execute(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:273)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.doExecute(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:229)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.execute(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:152)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionExecutor.executeListContainer(ActionExecutor.java:161)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionExecutor.execute(ActionExecutor.java:110)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.executeAction(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:400)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.execute(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:273)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.doExecute(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:229)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.execute(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:152)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionExecutor.executeListContainer(ActionExecutor.java:161)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionExecutor.execute(ActionExecutor.java:110)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ExecutionDirector.executeAction(ExecutionDirector.java:144)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.admin.ContextExecutor.executePce(ContextExecutor.java:148)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.admin.ContextExecutor.execute(ContextExecutor.java:85)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.CmdExecutor.runContext(CmdExecutor.java:127)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.CmdExecutor.executeRun(CmdExecutor.java:100)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.CmdExecutor.execute(CmdExecutor.java:82)

at com.sap.sdt.tools.main.MainProgram.execute(MainProgram.java:479)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.Jspm.main(Jspm.java:195)

Line:----

Trouble Ticket Report

Java Support Package Manager for SAP NetWeaver'04s

SID................: W24

Hostname...........: is2107

Install directory..: /usr/sap/W24

Database...........: Oracle

Operating System...: $(/J2EE/StandardSystem/CentralInstance/J2EEEngineInstanceHost/OpSysType)

JDK version........: 1.4.2 IBM Corporation

JSPM version.......: 7.01.5.0.20

System release.....: 700

ABAP stack present.: false

The execution ended in error.

class java.lang.Error: null

More information can be found in the log file /usr/sap/W24/JC35/j2ee/JSPM/log/log_2010_06_17_08_52_18/JSPM_MAIN_1_01.LOG.

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:

com.sap.sdt.jspm.phases.PhaseTypeJSPM

java.lang.Error

JSPM_MAIN

JSPMPhases

Java Support Package Manager

Is this the issue due to the trans directiory from other system ?

i have chedk all the notes and tried various workarounds...but still it just stops at the same phase.

Please let me know what needs to be done in this case...

Regards,

sudha.

Edited by: Sudha Rani Belalla on Jun 17, 2010 3:42 PM

Edited by: Sudha Rani Belalla on Jun 17, 2010 3:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try below

Run the following command first( this command will be used to start JSPM in backend )

go u2013remoteui

One you excute the above command , leave the session as it is.

Then come to your browser and then call browser as below.

http://<host>:5NN19

Once you get the screen properly on browser, then we can come to conclusion that there is no problem with JSPM and we have to play with logs for analys the problem more.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello anil,

I have tried using the command which u have provided .

when i give the command "go -remoteui " i can see that "waiting for SDTServer to connect".

But when i try the URL "http://<host>:5NN19/ " i get the page not found error".

So it means that its problem with JSPM?

when i checked some notes i found that update of JSPM to higher version is required.

So can i update only the JSPM is that possible???

Regards,

sudha

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sudha

Yes it's possible. You can find the download file on SAP service marketplace.

If you cannot run JSPM at all, try patching JSPM component using SDM.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In our consolidation box we have upgraded the J2RE version from SR12 to SR13

"J2RE 1.4.2 IBM build j9xa64142-20090306 (SR13)".

and then the JSPM went through...

Regards,

sudha.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please check the parameter DIR_EPS_ROOT in your SAP system profile (or define it if not yet defined)

In your log file you can see the following line

-config=/jspm/inbox=/usr/sap/trans//EPS/in'

That doesn't look correct.

Your DIR_EPS_ROOT parameter should look like /usr/sap/trans/EPS or /usr/sap/trans<SID>/EPS according to what is configured on your server.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your comments!!!

Actually that was a typo when i was editing this message....but i use the correct path infact the EPS directory is shared by other systems EPS inbox.

So in my current system no parameters are defined bcz iam using the command

go '-config=/jspm/inbox=/usr/sap/trans/W23/EPS/in' so the .SCA files are taken from other other systems inbox.

Is this error any thing to do with version of JSPM ?

Regards,

sudha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you refer to the following note in cause you run on iSeries ?

-

SAP Note 1140617 - Null Pointer Exception error on iSeries in JSPM_MAIN Phase

-

Else provide the version/OS/DB details.

cheers !

PRADi