cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPDynPage and DynPage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to EP. When should we use JSPDynPage and Dynpage? What is the difference?

Kind regards,

Sreejesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a jsp dynpage you are delegating the output presentation to a jsp file,where you can write the jsp elements so that the presentation part is separated from the code.Ultimately the getPage"() method returns a DynPage object only.

In a dynpage,the presentation part is taken care in the code.

For instance you would construct a form element

<b>Form myform = this.getForm();</b>and then you would add elements to it.

Regards,

Harish

(Please award points for helpful answers)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Refer to the following Threads

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

just one minor question.

Do i need the PDK at all for EP Content development, or does the NWDS cover all functionality?

We are on SP14.

regards,

Markus

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Markus,

NWDS does not total functionality,for some functions you need PDK libs.

regards,

Siva.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva, hi Markus,

even the PDK libs do not contain everything. To be able to develop "everything", you should simply have a portal installation on your dev machine and use the libs provided through this. If you don't want to / are not able to install a local portal, at least copy everything under .../irj/.../WEB-INF/ to your local machine, using this as the root for a build path variable which can be (automatically) extended using ClassLocator (from SourceForge).

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Basically both do the same functionality. In jspdynpage the page design is done in jsp page under taglibs and the controller part is done in jspdynpage.i.e., the functionalities are separated under two heads in jspdynpage.

In dynpage both the design(by classlibs) and controller part is done in dynpage itself, which may be bit complicated.

regards,

Ganesh.N