cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS sender channel running fine but suddenly stop picking messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your help on resolving below issue that i have faced with JMS sender channel recently:

I noticed one of JMS sender channel in QA environment was running fine in communication channel monitoring ,even though suddenly it’s stop/not picking any messages. I had to do a manual stop and start of channel to pick the messages.

Is there a way to configure JMS sender channel to listen to the connection continuously and keep connection alive.So,that similar situation won’t happen anymore.Do we have some setup to adjust connection timeouts owing to firewall and we are looking into the possibility of setting up a periodic heartbeats configuration to keep the connection alive.

Is this behaviour mentioned is normally found in JMS sender channel or some configuration is missing from our end.

I am attaching screenshots of parameter for reference that we have used.

Regards

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

My few cents:

1. If Start-Stop is helping, You can put a scheduling on the adapter to start and stop every X min/hours.

2. You can configure Alert if the channel stops polling as suggested in the

Note# 1808222 - Trigger alerts if channel stops polling

Regards,
Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azhar,

I suggested option1.However client wants to know why it's happened and they are worried if same situation arise in production.They want me to analyse root cause of problem and resolution.But,I am not sure how to track it as it occured once abnormally.I believe it's not a normal behaviour as per channel configuration.Is something SAP has given some solution or patch update regarding the issue.I am using PI7.3 dual stack.

Regards

Deepak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

This is a very common issue in JMS sender channel in PI.

JMS sender channel keeps pooling the Queue, If there is a temporary connection failure between PI and Queuing system, PI channel cannot restart the connection.

One possible solution to this is specifying a "connection timeout " parameter in the sender channel.

Regards,

Gavaksh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gavaksh,

I have corrected the parameter and monitoring it.

Will update the thread soon.

former_member69608
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for hijacking thread, but do you think this works for Sonic MQ also?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need more inputs on it to check all posssible ways to resolve this error permanently.

Please suggest

Regards

Deepak

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Check below SAP Notes.

1550054 - JMS - reconnect/disconnect tasks are not deleted

1518991 - JMS Adapter - Channel reconnect fails

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You configure the parameter but it is not in capital letters, change it to CONNECTION_TEST_POLL as mention in SAP Note and see the problem is resolved.

948016 - Websphere MQ reconnect issue for JMS receiver channel

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have changed the parameter as mentioned by you and monitoring the behaviour for sometime.I will update on it.

Regards

Deepak