cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Message Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to set-up a scenario where I have to load messages from a Message Queue system via XI JMS Adapter into R/3. On R/3 side, we are talking about the Invoices IDoc. Now I have to define the XML structure of the message that has to be provided in the message queue of the SonicMQ System. Does anybody have experience with loading XML messages from a message queue system and can tell me how the message structures are defined? Is a XSD or DTD desription enough? Or does a JMS message also contain somehting like Header data like SOAP?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

View Entire Topic
prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is just add on information about JMS message structure.

JMS messages consist of three parts : the message header, message porperties and the messsge body.

The message header contains a number of predefined fields that the JMS clients and providers use to idetify and route messages.

Message Properties are name/value pairs that can be optionally added to a message.

Mesage body contains the actual message data, which can be any kind of byte data, including plain text, HTML, XML and image data.

For more information on JMS Message structure, hav a look at www.sappro.com website.(downloads -> 2004 -> September/October)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, this was the information I was looking for.

Just another question: if I want to provide a description of the structure of the message that should be provided in the Message Queue System, is it enough to provide a XSD description of the payload or do I have to provide a complete XSD of the whole message incl. Header, Properties and Body? My understanding would be that the Header and Properties part would be generated by the Message Queue System according to the Interface Implementation. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Alex

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>My understanding would be that the Header and Properties part would be generated by the Message Queue System according to the Interface Implementation. Is this correct?</i>

Exactly. just create the payload XSD.

Regards,

Bhavesh