cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Sync how many adapters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I'm building a Sync JDBC integration where I pull from JDBC do some work (ie. run through a BAPI and get a response synchronously) on it and put it back into the same sid/location but a different table, how many JDBC adapters would I require?

I would definitely need a Sender JDBC adapter, but do I need a Receiver as well? Or will the integration know to use the JDBC adapter setup as the sender to put the return message back through?

And, if I do need a Receiver, how do I tell the integration to use it? Receiver Agreement, or an entire Receiver Determination?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

i also worked on a similar scenario few days back.

you will require two JDBC Adapters, one for sender and another for reciver.

now although you are using the JDBC Sender Adapter in a synchronous scenario, it's job is to convert the incoming data to XML. now to insert the data back to the data base you need to convert it back from XML to its original form. This job is performed by JDBC Receiver adapter.

Now for the second part of your question, you will have to make a separate receiver determination and receiver agreement because the data is being routed back through an entirely different communication channel.

thanks and regards,

Arpit Seth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit Seth,

I am doing synchronos scenario from Webservices to Jdbc.I desigened my BPM like following.

1)Recieve(asynchronous-- recieves SOAP message)

2)Send (synchronous -- request to the Jdbc and a reponse from the Jdbc)

3)Send(asynchronous -- response SOAP message)

I am configurinng like the fllowing...

1)SOAP to BPM

2)BPM to Jdbc

3)BPM to SOAP

In step2(BPM to JDBC)it is taking only one adapter i.e reciever adapter.What about the Sender Jdbc adapter(to carry the response).

Shall I add externally this channel to this scenario ?

Thanks,

sekhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually have the data coming back from the BAPI and being converted to the right XML structure with "access" etc.

Are you saying, I should then have another receiver that picks it up where it is now (with the right XML structure for the insert) and then just push it to the JDBC receiver with no mapping? Or should I intercept it at the BAPI response and do the conversion in this new receiver determination? I guess it might not make a difference...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekar,

In step2(BPM to JDBC),there will be only reciever adapter which will take the request and bring the response back on the same channel.Thus there is no need to create a Sender channel externally.

I am sending you an url of a weblog

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

it will help you in your scenario as it is quite similar.

Regards,

Arpit Seth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit Seth,

Thnaks for giving information.

In my scenario, I am sending the data from SOAP to Jdbc about the supplier information(ex supplier number,name).I want the total information about the supplier (supplier number,name,city,address.....)which were contained in the some other table.For this purpose i want to write the join query in the sender Jdbc adapter(supplierlookup,supplier_main tables)

I think this BPM is not suitable to do my scenario.

can u plz suggest the BPM design about the my scenario.

Regards,

sekhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

The parameters which you are sending are supplier number,name and you want the total information from the other table.Here is the SQL query,assuming that parameter <b>supplier number is primary key</b> in both the tables:-

SELECT supplier number,name,city address,..,..,

FROM supplierlookup,supplier_main

WHERE supplierlookup.supplier number =

supplier_main.supplier number;

I think this query will work if i understood your problem.

If you feel that your BPM is not suitable for this scenario than please send me a screenshot of it, so that i can give you a better reply.

Please don't forget to give points.:-)

Regards,

Arpit Seth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpith Seth,

Thanks for the reply,

Where can i use this join query ? Because In step2 which i already mentioned in the above(BPM to Jdbc),I can only select reciever adapter.I am not able to select sender Jdbc adapter.

Thats why i mentioned in my last post that my BPM might be wrong.I already mentioned my BPM steps in the above.

Thanks,

Sekhar.