cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC issue - not supported result set method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I created a java bean to query database and then return a java ResultSet. I loop through the ResultSet and confirmed there are data in there. However when passing the ResultSet to a report by calling

reportClientDoc.getDatabaseController().setDataSource(resultSet, "user" , "user");

I am getting the following error:

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKException: JDBC Error: A not supported result set method. (7182)---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed 

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Henry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ted,

With the stack trace I provided, would you be able to tell me what method the crytal was trying to call but failed? If you can provide a method name, I can check the customized ResultSet object to see if it is implemented.

Thanks,

Henry

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Nope - it's likely in the cause exception rather than the top exception.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

The report was designed with DataDirect JDBC driver querying Progress database. With the jdbc driver, we can get and display data in the crystal report directly. However, we want to use a framework we have in place to retrieve data from the database. The framework will do all the query for us and only return a ResultSet to the client program. A ResultSet the framework return is a subclass of java.sql.ResultSet. I can list all data within the returned ResultSet on my JSP page with the standard ResultSet methods. However, I got the above exception after casted it to java.sql.ResultSet and passed it to the DatabaseController... Does the exception mean the Crystal SDK tried to call some method on the ResultSet and failed? If yes, what method? Could it be a driver or jar file version issue?

Cheers,

Henry

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Where is the JavaBean coming from, specifically driver and database type?

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is some stack trace. Thank you.

ERROR JRCCommunicationAdapter com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.b.w.a(Unknown Source) - Set data source failed: JDBC Error: A not supported result set method. (71
82)
FATAL JRCCommunicationAdapter com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.request(Unknown Source) - Request failed and JRC Command failed to be undo
ne
ERROR JRCCommunicationAdapter com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.request(Unknown Source) - JRCAgent1 detected an exception: JDBC Error: A n
ot supported result set method. (7182)
        at com.crystaldecisions.reports.queryengine.driverImpl.n.if(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.reports.queryengine.ax.if(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.reports.queryengine.bc.byte(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.reports.queryengine.bc.new(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.reports.queryengine.bc.for(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.reports.reportdefinition.datainterface.g.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.reports.reportdefinition.datainterface.g.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.bj.new(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.as.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.ae.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.b.w.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.b.w.int(Unknown Source)
        at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.request(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.x.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.q.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.dd.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.DatabaseController.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.DatabaseController.setDataSource(Unknown Source)
        at com.crystaldecisions.reports.sdk.DatabaseController.setDataSource(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.jsp.jrc_005fresultset_005fdatasource_jsp._jspService(jrc_005fresultset_005fdatasource_jsp.java:196)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:374)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:337)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)