cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO or SAP Connector Framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In this article Oliver lists up different alternatives to connect to SAP "ecosystem".

What should be used if you are running EP 6 SP 2 and the client are running R/3 4.6C?

Oliver claims that the SAP Connector framework only can be used from EP6.0 and WebAs 6.4. Is this correct?

If, we have to use the JCO connector to communicate with R/3 I suppose?

Brgds// -Fred

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why should the EP be needed to use the JCA Connector?

It should even be possible to use the standard JCA Connector (JRA) from any J2EE application server!?!

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP Connector should be usable from other J2EE compliant servers, but the original question was "What should be used if you are running EP 6 SP 2 and the client are running R/3 4.6C?", so the answer starts with that premise I suppose.

The SAP Connector can be used with EP6 SP2 on the J2EE 6.20 engine as well. I suspect that the connector could also be used on other vendor's servers - but I don't know about SAP's support for such configurations. I would suggest checking the details on the connector info page at http://service.sap.com/connectors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no information on that page regarding supportability of JCA on J2EE 6.2. Thing is, if it is not supported, it's not recommended by SAP, so I would rather take the old JCO-Approach without JCA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

JCA is supported by J2EE 6.2 and works fine.