cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Connection problem with EP 6.0 SP9 and ERP 2004

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on setting up ESS/MSS on EP6.0 SP9 connecting to ERP2004. I have configured the JCO Connection in visual administrator, defined SLD settings for WebAS ABAP server pointing to ERP2004 instance, and configured the RFC destination, Logon Group and SLD setting on the ERP2004 instance. I have also set up the SAP gateway and SAP message server entries in the services file on the portal server.

I cannot successfully test the Jco connections I have defined as described in the MSS manual.

I am unable to ping the Jco destination (although I can ping the R/3 server directly from the command line.) When I try to test the Jco COnnection, I ge the following error message:

Error> occured >Tue Jun 07 14:52:49,115<

RfcException:

Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=htadevn GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=NST MSSERV=sapmsNST PCS=1

ERROR partner not reached (host htadevn, service sapmsNST)

TIME Tue Jun 07 14:52:49 2005

RELEASE 640

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 37

RC -10

MODULE nixxi_r.cpp

LINE 8579

DETAIL NiPConnect2

SYSTEM CALL SiPeekPendConn

ERRNO 10061

ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused

COUNTER 2

Return code: RFC_FAILURE(1)

error group: 102

key: RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION

Any suggestions on what is causing the connection failure? Are here other logs I can look at besides the jrfc.trc file? When I go to SM59 and test the RFC connection, the test succeeds from R3 - > portal. The failure sems to only exist going from portal -> R/3.

Thanks,

-Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

If you are sure that are connecting to message server then you need to create a file

sapmsg.ini

and put it underneath winnt or windows directory.

the file should have following content.

[Message Server]
NST=htadevn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Prakash.

I set up the sapmsg.ini file and tested again with no change in results.

However, I also set up another Jco connection, this one going against the application server, and it connected successfully. This leads me to believe I have either setup the message server definition improperly in the SLD, or there is no message server set up on the ERP2004 instance.

How can I tell if the message server is up and running on R/3? From the command prompt on the portal server, I am able to telnet to the port# I am using for the message server, but I cant tell if the message server itself is running.

Thanks,

-Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

You need message server if you have setup your ABAP stack for load balancing. To find this out you need to run <b>SMLG</b> transaction and see if you defined a load balanced group(PUBLIC .. i am going by your earlier post). If you don't see any group then you should connect to application server directly. Also, you should see green light right next to active load balanced group.

Prakash

Message was edited by: Prakash Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do have load balanced group PUBLIC in SMLG. It is active.

Assingment Settings

Logon Group: PUBLIC

Instance: htadevn_NST_21

Attributes

IP Address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Group Dependant: Ext RFC Enabled check box is NOT checked

No instance dependant response time settings.

I see that the Instance name is somewhat different than my host name (htadevn). Would this have anyhting to do with the problem?

Thanks,

-Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Execute SAP Logon PAD and Click on <b>Groups</b>. Enter the following information and try to logon to public group.

System ID: NST

Message Server: htadevn (don't worry about instance name)

Click on Generate List

You should see your PUBLIC Group.

Click on Logon and see if you can logon.

If you can logon then your load balanced is correctly defined. Use the same info to setup your SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash,

I created the logon group in the logon pad on the portal server and was able to logon using the PUBLIC group. So it seems the message server is set up correctly. I still receive the same response when testing the JCO Connection. There must be something wrong with my SLD setup for the message server. Here are my settings:

Technical System Type: WebAS ABAP

Name: NST on HTADEVN

Install #: XXXXXXXXX

Release 620

Central Application Server:htadevn_NST_21

Hostname: htadevn

Instance Number: 21

Dispather Port: 3221

Message Server:NST_htadevn

Hostname: htadevn

Message server Port:3621 (I have been able to connect with this port via telnet)

Logon group: PUBLIC

Installed Products:

SAP R/3 Enterprise 47x200 on htadevn

The installed products concerns me because it is not correct. The instance we are connecting to is ERP2004. Could this be causing the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Try this. You need to do this as well. Add the following lines to <b>services</b> file which is under

winntsystem32driversetc

on your portal server.

sapmsNST 3621/tcp

Let me know if it works out. You might have to reboot the box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I already have that entry in the services file. Do you think the issue could be related to the version of the WebAS ABAP defined in the SLD? Since is is defined as 620, but is actually a 640 system, could that be causing the problem? I am downloading the updated content for the SLD right now to see if I can redefine NST as a 640 system. Think that will make a difference?

Thanks,

-Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running out of ideas. It doesn't hurt to put 640 as the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Prakash. I am importing the content into the SLD right now to redefine as a 6.4 system. If that doesnt work I will open an OSS note. I'll let you know how it works out.

-Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

After importing new content into the SLD and adding the ERP2004 components to the system definition, I was able to test the JCO connection successfully. Apparently it makes a big difference if you select the wrong version of R/3 when defining your systems in the SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent. Now we know all the steps to debug connection problems.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt / Prakash ,

Infact I had the same issue in my integration with mySAPERP2004 ( ESS only ) and Portal SP9 . When I reconfigured the SLD my JCO problem is also solved .

Now I wanted some help from you . Could you let me know

what are the system objects and JCO destination needed to be created for integrating webdynpro based ESS and Portal ( my webdynpro container and portal ( SP9 ) are running on same J2ee Engine .)

THanks in advance

Aneez