cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JavaScript in Web Application Designer for NW 2004s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any good examples (Step by step) of how to intergrate front-end JavaScript into a Web Template by just using the standard web items i.e. minimal code. I would like to implement something very simple, as a dmonstration/confidence booster.

I would like to include either a Menu Bar control or a Button Group control into a template and when this is clicked in the browser something very simple like a new web page is opened.

Implementing a very simple piece of JavaScript of the following nature:

<HTML>

<BODY onload = window.open('http://www.hotmail.com','hotmail');>

</BODY>

</HTML>

P.S. I want the JavaScript code there to be run when either of the controls are clicked. I have looked through the online documentation at some length but have not found anything useable.

Any help is as always greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

With NW2004s, most of the javascript options can be entered directly through the Script object into the Web template. The suggestion is to use the command wizard to modify/control the behaviour of the objects...

Though javascript can still be used, do you have a specific end that you want to achieve through the use of javascript ?

- Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would also like to be able to open a new window when an image is clicked from my menu bar.

From what I can see, there aren't any standard commands to do this, so how would I implement this in JavaScript.

I can figure out the JavaScript to open a new window, but can't figure out how to connect an image to that JavaScript function

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can write the JavaScript code in the Scrip Web Item and on the onclick event of the image you can call the functiopn directly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was far too simple a solution

Thanks for the pointer ...