cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Developer Role in EP6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed the following components of SAP Netweaver Stack.

MS SQLServer 2000 (Evaluation version)

SAP WebAS 6.40 for Java (Sneak preview,J2EE Engine Only)

SAP Netweaver Developer Studio 2.0.4

SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 SP4

I have installed this as a centralized system (single host).While accessing the Portal Server I'm unable to locate the ‘Java Developer‘ role, which is mandatory to upload the PAR files into the Portal Content Directory. How to configure this?Is there any other option so that i can just include this role.Can anybody help in this regard.

Thanx in advance

Gopinath Venkatesan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gopinath,

Anytime, I was glad I could be of help to you and happy ur up and runnig now.

I was just wondering if you could rate my answer and assign some points to it, it would really help.

Thanks & Best Wishes,

Emmanuel.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is what u have to do for the Java Developer Role To Be Included:

First You have to DownLoad the Portal Development Kit 6.0 This is Available in the SDN Downloads. Once you have downloaded this, it is usually in a ZIP format so Extract if to some location of you choice.

Once this is done, go to the Drive where your Server is installed, mine is installed in this drive so I will go to E:\usr

Once you are there please follow the link given:

usr\j2e\jc00\sdm\program\RemoteGui.bat

Run this file, this will open the Deployer, once this is opened please go the place where u have unzipped the Portal Development Kit and just upload these files.

Once you have done this, you can log into the Portal, go to User Administration, go to roles and Boom u will have the Java Developer Role there.

If you have any more doubts please feel free to ask.

If this was helpful please donot forget to Score My Reply.

Thanks,

Emmanuel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for the timely response. I tried as u said. I started the remoteGUI.bat but i couldn't logon to the SDM Server. I am just getting a blank GUI . Do we specify the SDM server password at any point of time during the installation of SAP Web AS 6.40 for Java or EP 6.0 SP4?. As far as i could remember i just gave the same password throughout the installation process. But that password is not working. I checked the SAP Management console. SDM is on and running.

Is there any other work around for this?.

Regards,

Gopinath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks a lot for ur kind reply.I was a bit struggling initially for the password to SDM.Once when I opened the SDM help i got the default password 'sdm'.Now i have deployed the respective sca files along with the java docs and the java developer role is active and am able to upload the portal archive files into the portal content directory.Thanks once again.

Regards

Gopinath