cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA Applet embedded in a JSP MI Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to include a Java Applet into a JSP page in my MI application. The code is as follows:

<jsp:plugin type = "applet"

code = "com.mycompany.applet.myApplet.class">

</jsp:plugin>

It gave me a Class Not Found exception. If I place the class in the same directory that the JSP resides it works properly. It seems that I need to set the codebase and/or archive property to work. But every value I use to set them still gaves me the CLASS NOT FOUND Exception. I am using MI2.5 and the jar file is located at MYAPPS/WEB-INF/lib folder. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

plz try the following and see whether it can be of any help.

code = "com.mycompany.applet.myApplet.class

codebase=”http://localhost:4444/*”>

OR

code = "com.mycompany.applet.myApplet

archive="Applet.jar" -

> jar

codebase=”http://localhost:4444/*”>

The codebase plays an important role as when u r running it relatively on a web server, the path for code base becomes relative as is described above.

plz try this and let me know.

regards

anubhav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats true.. the new pop up is not only a creMe problem but is a Microsoft PocketPC 2003 Second Edition problem. You can see SDN for the message you are getting.

regards

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Went back to my JAVA Applet embedded in the JSP MI Application.

I was able to run the applet on my laptop, and its working properly. But when I try to run the applet on the mobile device (Pocket IE) it gave me the following message:

<b>Press OK to continue loading the content of this page</b>.

And then nothing. Is there something else that I need in order to work on the mobile device?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Now it is ok. It was soemthing with the CrEme JVM. Now its working perfectly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose Luis Rodriguez-Granell,

You did not update me and the group that wheather the solution i gave worked for you or not.

plz update as soon as possible..

regards

Anubhav