cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jar files in portal projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after i create a portal component and export to a PAR file, this file contains <componentname>api.jar and <componentname>core.jar. But, I want them to be as <componentname><b>_</b>api.jar and <componentname>_core.jar

could you please let me know how can i achieve this

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

this is done by the PAR creator plugin and will be hardcoded within the code (I didn't really check it, but it is quite probable). You can rename the JARs within the PAR manually or you could decompile the PAR creator plugin and add the "_" at the corresponding places.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Thank you for that. I was exactly asking for that. You told me that I can rename my JAR file, but the problem here is that.

I am modifying the default PAR file that came with SAP. The jar files that comes from SAP are having _api.jar and _core.jar, so when I modify a .java file and export the par, a new jar api.jar is formed instead of updating the already existing _api.jar. which means that I have to update the jar file using jar -uf... and update the PAR file with this new jar file using WINRAR..

But I think tweaking PAR creator plugin will solve my purpose.

Thank you

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

what I do normally when modifying only a part of a PAR: Put the JARs into ex_lib folders, decompile the class files you want to change, remove them from the original JARs. So you can modify your small extract and have everything together deployed again, the original part as JARs in ex_lib and the new parts in the lib folder.

Also don't expect the JARs to be updated if using the same name. I think they will just be overwritten.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Shiva,

That is predefined format for user defined jar files in portal applications.If you want '_*.jar' format then you have to create 'java files' and compile them into 'jar' files.

After that you can <u>import</u> or <u>include</u> these jar files into your portal application.

I hope you get my piont.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Shiva,

That is predefined format for user defined jar files.If you want _*.jar format then you have to create 'java files' but not par files.

After that you can import or include the jar files into your portal application.

I hope you get my piont.