Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAM mash-up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How are you ?

I can't anymore make my JAM mash-up appearing, why? It worked perfectly with FP4.0 and 1302 so...

Thanks you very much,

Gui-+/

nb: Below you get the screenshot...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does the mashup enable you to do?

former_member47640
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

as you can see in my screenshot it allows you to display your Jam feed embedded in ByDesign.

Using extension fields as parameters it should also be possible to only display the feed of a specific group: You could display the feed of your Sales Enablement Jam group in a sales workcenter in ByDesign or the feed of a group that is specific to a big opportunity you are working on right in the UI of the opportunity.

You could also use a Jam group for company wide announcements or information about your competitors and display these feeds directly in everybody's Home work center in ByDesign.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian. Do you know where I could find information on pricing for Jam?

former_member47640
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, Mark, I don't have details about pricing for Jam.

I suggest you just go to http://www.sap.com/jam and get in touch with one of our contacts either via phone, chat or email to learn more about Jam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really like this

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Here is the description explaining you how to embed JAM into BYD.

https://ldcik7p.wdf.sap.corp:1443/irj/go/km/docs/~context/1490353652706/ktp/Products/BYD_COD/SalesOD...

Best Regards,

Gui-+/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guillaume

We are also interested in getting a JAM mash-up to work in ByD. Your link posted last year seems dead now, would it be possible to get access to your description?

Kind regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about this link?

former_member47640
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gui,

the widget builder needs to be enabled by the administrator of the Jam instance.

Please check out the thread on our SAP internal Jam-instance for details:

https://jam4.sapjam.com/feed/item/23380445

Best, Christian

former_member47640
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems like the widget builder is enabled by default in every Jam Enterprise instance, so I tried it myself and it works. See screenshot:.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Yes, what is the BYD version you are using ? Because I am currently using the 1305 and it still doesn't work...

Best regards,

Gui-+/

former_member47640
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just tried it in 1305 and it also works fine. I will send you a screenshot via email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Would be very helpful, still not working on my side

johnkearns
Explorer
0 Kudos

Christian,

We are a ByD partner and also have a JAM Enterprise account.  I see the feed widget and how it can be used in Jam to embed a feed into a WIKI.  When I called support on this they told me that I could look at the HTML source for the WIKI page with the embedded feed widget to get the generated HTML code.  What I am missing is how you transfer that HTML code to something that would be usable in ByDesign.

Can you share with me the steps you took to embed the feed in a ByDesign mashup?

John

former_member47640
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I think when you talk about the feed widget this is one of the newly introduced widgets that are available in SAP Jam for wikis and blog posts since the 1308 release.

This will not work to be used outside of your SAP Jam instance.

Try the feed widget builder. Not sure if the URL is the same for you, but this is the one I used back in the days:

https://www.cubetree.com/widget/builder_feed

Let me know if it works.
Best regards, Christian

johnkearns
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

The url you provided points to an SCN address that is not reachable (error404)

johnkearns
Explorer
0 Kudos

Actually just got there in my instance using the URL you provided.  Interesting that there is no menu path to this.

Do you know where I might find some documentation on its use?  Ideally I would set up the authentication to pass through from ByDesign.  I know that 1305 or 1308 added a fine tuning option for Jam integration, but there is no documentation in the help.

Also can you send me the details of how you set up the mashup in ByDesign?

former_member47640
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Unfortunately I don't know about additional documentation for the widget builder.

There's no authentification integration with ByDesign. But if you are logged on to Jam in the same browser and just copy the code of the Jam feed widget into an html-mashup in ByDesign it will display the feed in ByDesign.

There's lots of documentation available in ByDesign on how to set up an html-mashup.

Hope that helps already.

Best, Christian