cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE engine shuts down and restarts....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing a scenrio using BPM with multiple parallel process. I am using a inbound file adapter for the incoming message to feed the BPM process. I have set 500 messages/per recordset.The process is stable when the message size is small but when the message size increases may be to 2MB,the J2EE engine collapses and restarts a certain period of time.

When I look at the incoming messages they seem to have failed at the BPM process. I am not sure what is causing the J2EE engine to collapse and restart...It works fine with less than 1MB incoming messages....Does it mean XI cannot support messages greater than 1MB? I know its absurd but this is very interesting..Checking the SMICM, I find the processes are all normal...

-Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

You try to tune the Integration server configuration parameters in SXMB_ADM Specific configuration. Set the tunning parameter EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT (try with 1024) that enables you to process messages of a particular size in serial. If the incoming message is larger than EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT, the message will be processed in an extra queue (XBTL).

Also in J2EE engine, set the maximum application theards to 300. You can refer to the XI 3.0 tuning guide for more details on integration engine tuning parameters.

Is your BPM uses Message Map or XSLT mapping? Also what is the input message size are expecting from legacy?

Thanks,

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

We haven't set the EO parameters in ADM and also we are using XSLT mapping in BPM with 30mb size files.

-teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

We set EO_MESSAGE_SIZE_LIMIT parameters to 20480 and still the j2ee engine drops dead and restarts. It works fine with 1 MB files but anything greater than it the j2ee engine is not able to process it..

Any solutions??

-Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terasa,

Change your EO_MESSAGE_SIZE_LIMIT parameters setting to 1024. Have to gone thro that "XI 3.0 Tuning guide.pdf"?

XSLT always consumes more memory. So you should have a very good hardware configuration (atleast 4GB Ram and 140GB disk space). Its just a memory issue. Proper sizing of the XI server should resolve the problem.

You can also see a lots of similar posting in SDN for the same problem (even i have raised it once!!).

Thanks,

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi :

Did u checked up the java heap parameters in the configtool set for the server

Raise the heap parameters as per the following steps

1) Open up the configtool and increase the heap size and memory size for the server

Cluster Data -> instance_IDXXX -> ServerIDXXXX

Max heap Size 2048MB

Java Parameters

-Djava.security.policy=./java.policy

-Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom

-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBProxy

-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBSingletonProxy

-Djavax.rmi.CORBA.PortableRemoteObjectClass=com.sap.engine.system.PortableRemoteObjectProxy

-Xdebug

-Xms1280m

-Xmx3072m

-XX:MaxPermSize=192m

-XX:NewSize=160m

-XX:MaxNewSize=160m

-XX:NewRatio=3

-XX:+DisableExplicitGC

-verbose:gc

-XX:+PrintCompilation

-XX:SurvivorRatio=2

-XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90

-XX:PermSize=192m

-XX:+UseParNewGC

-XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps

-XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1

-Djava.awt.headless=true

2) Restart the server using Visual Administrator

3) open up the configtool again to ensure that the settings you have set in the config tool are available

4) Now check whether the problem occurs again or not

regards & cheers

karthik