Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iviews accessing between EP 7.0 and EP 6.0

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Portal Experts,

I have the following scenario

I have iViews of different kinds like an URL iView, a WebDynpro iView, and a BW report iViews attached to a role in EP 7.0. These iViews are present in PCD of EP 7.0.

Now I wanted to access the same iViews in my other Portal which is EP 6.0? Is that Possible thorugh any URL re - direction technique in EP as we do in Java? Or through Portal services?

I am not interested in do ing a content transport from EP 7.0 to EP 6.0?

Has anybody encountered same scenario?

Helping answers will be rewarded.

Thanks,

Guru

View Entire Topic
guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thxs Sunil and Detlev for your answers.

I have another question for you guys.

Suppose I have custom developed Webdynpro iViews in EP7.0. Same iViews I need to bring into EP6.0 though URL iViews. I do create the URL iViews for the same. But I have the following doubts/concern.

The webdynpros modules will be deployed on WebAS 7.0 and if we make an URL iView out of it and call the same in the other Portal which is running in WebAS 6.40 where we don't have the Webdynpro System and required authorization whether it is possible to open the same iView in EP6.0?

Any idea on this as I have faced this problem in one of my earlier implementation also.

Regards,

Guru

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

WD iView you should integrate as WD iViews with the runtime system defined as it within your EP6 porta. This is more or less a standard scenario. You should <i>not</i> integrate such an iView as URL iView pointing to the EP7!

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

As simple as this, you can always create a URL iview for any web based application may that be an ASP application or HTML or Webdynpro. As mentioned in my previous message, you can get the URL of the webdynpro when you are trying to preview the webdynpro iview.

But honestly speaking, i would not suggest this. As discussed earlier, it will cause performance issues and secondly, it's not a normal practise or best practise.

The choice is yours.

Regards,

Sunil