cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iview to launch MS Access application

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can use the following dos command in IE6.0 to launch a ms access application as follows:

servername\cdrive\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE P:\general\Database\Facilities_Management_System\v_11_1\FMS.mde /user quinnm /pwd /wrkgrp P:\general\Database\Access97\PLANT2000.MDW

How can I can create an iview to launch the ms access application using the full string as above.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will this work with Java iviews? If not, is there a way to do this with Java iviews?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This will work on the client side, only for IE browsers. The java iviews merely generates the vbscript code.

There is no way to do it directly from the java part of the iview, since it is running on the portal server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well for an IE application only (assume it is only used on an intranet)

Try

<script>
function executeCommands(){
// Instantiate the Shell object and invoke its execute method.<br><br> 
var oShell = new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application");
var commandtoRun = "\servernamecdriveProgram FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeMSACCESS.EXE";
var parameters = "P:generalDatabaseFacilities_Management_Systemv_11_1FMS.mde /user quinnm /pwd /wrkgrp P:generalDatabaseAccess97PLANT2000.MDW" ;
oShell.ShellExecute(commandtoRun, parameters, "", "open", "1");
}
</script>
<a href="#" onClick="executeCommands()">Access</a>

The problem is that I do not now if you can access network shares in this way, not sure if the parameters part work, and you might get a access denied exception.

In the latest case, you need to allow insecure activex script (add the portal to the trusted zone of all users, and set it here)