cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iView Templates & Themes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get information on how themes are applied to the standard SAP and KM iView templates (such as SAP Transaction, SAP BSP, SAP IAC, SAP RFC, KM Search, KM Navigation, etc.)? Specifically, I'm trying to find out which iView templates use the portal theme and what settings/configuration are involved in setting their theme. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

You will have to go to the Theme Editor in System Admin -> Portal Display.

copy any of the standard SAP Theme,modify it and apply..

The theme editor contains layout & colour comb for each & every part of portal.

Whatever is seen inside portal has the theme defined here.

Just do a search on "Portal Theme Editor" here in SDN or help.sap..you will find many docs & forum posting on the theme editor.

Hope this helps..

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

Thanks for the information. I have used the theme admin tool to create a theme but I have noticed that it does not seem to apply the theme to all types of iViews. It does not appear to apply it to SAP Transaction iViews but it does apply to Web Dynpro iViews. I'm trying to find out how each template is affected by the theme. I have searched the forum but have not found much information on it. Also, I was not able to award you points (the radio buttons did not appear) so I sent a message to the SDN contact email so that I could award you points for your help. Thanks...

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

The theme editor generrally modifies the portal objects such as iView tray, colours etc.

Whatever is comming inside any iView as a content is affected diff with portal theme.

Such as the web dynpro contents are affected by the portal css files if they are run inside portal but they also have their own css which gets into display when run standalone.

Same is the situation for other iview contents. Plz check the contents that you are trying to show in the Transation iView.

I suppose in the tracation iView contents have their own css files and they are not affected by the portal css. But if you have some controls like tabstrip, table inthat content then it should pick up the portal theme if you have modified the theme of the controls in the theme editor.

Also i hope you are clearing your cache very well before veiwing you contents each time you change your theme..

Regards

Gaurav