cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iView not found error when searching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We see the below error when trying to do any search on the EP6 SP14 portal. The search function was working, but now we see this error.

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : N/A

Component Name : N/A

iView not found:

pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/eu_role/com.sap.km.home_ws/com.sap.km.hidden/com.sap.km.urlaccess/com.sap.km.basicsearch.

Exception id: 01:29_09/03/06_0003_1786050

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

The search functionality was working last week. The

com.sap.km.basicsearch iview is there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick,

Can you find any *.err files in the following folders:-

\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment, pcd and pcdContent

If you see any err files, rename those to the *.par and then restart the J2EE.

Regards

Vaib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaib,

I did see two SDM*.err files, but they were not at this level. They were \usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\sdm\program\log location. Should the same thing be done with these files?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick,

Did u recently upgrade to SP14, if yes then it might be the reason that SDM couldn't deploy these files properly during the upgrade.

I suggest you to rename the files and restart the J2EE.

Vaib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaib,

I changed the names to *.par and restarted J2EE. Still have the iView not found error when searching, but I don't have any *.err files now.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick,

Goto the Physical location of the iView and see whether the iView exists there. If yes, then right-click on it and select 'Preview' and then try to enter anything and say Search. Do you get the same error message here also.

Or create your own iView from the par(basicSearch iview) and try to search from your own iView also. Let me know the results.

Regards

Vaib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaib,

I resolved the problem. The issue was in the eu_role role. We removed the home workset in the eu_role and by doing that it removed the "hidden" workset which controls the search functionality.

Thank you very much for all your advice.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad that the problem is resolved..

Vaib

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Did you check whether the permissions of the particular iView is changed by any chance? Does the end user role has access to it?

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I double checked and the permissions are the same as QA and prod. Good thought though.

Thanks,

Rick