cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iview Help URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a KM Navigation Iview that I would like to attach a help file to. There is a property on the iView called Show Help Option and I turned that on. Now I need to know where I can specify the Help URL?

I cant do this in the par file since this iView has not been generated from a par file but from a KM Navigation template.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Roaa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have the answers been of any value for you? If yes, please consider rewarding points for helpful answers! Thanks in avance!

Best regards

Detlev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roaa,

there is no such option except modifying the underlying component (which would mean to modify it globally). Alternatively, modifying the Help link from the iView tray would be an option too. Anyhow, modification would be needed.

Hope it helps nevertheless

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by modifying the Help link from the iView tray ??

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roaa,

when you have activated Show Help (or whatever it is called) for the iView tray, the tray implementation renders some link for this option.

Our idea once (having the same request) was to modify this logic and to create a link to for example (HTML) KM documents corresponding to the iView called, that means dynamic help links. The customer also wanted these for standard iViews, so that a modification of the central component would have made most sense.

However, the request was dropped for other aims had been more important...

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone explain how the Help function works ... it seems easy enough to enable it, then terribly difficult to get content in there.

I don't have necessarily have access to the par files, but would still like to create some sort of help files, or at least specify a URL to use as the help location, per page/iview, not at a site level

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you haven't found an easy solution yet, then you cud try messing with KM Navigation template par file.

This could be your last option!

<b>Plz don forget points, if it helped.</b>

Regards,

P.