cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iView from Par - no templates

former_member540174
Participant
0 Kudos

I obviously missed a step in development of a new portal component. The par file is in the portal and I as system admin can see it - create iViews from it - etc. My content admins cannot see the par file when they do new ivew from par file. Is there a security zone or some sort of permissions I should set in my portal component such that non-system administrators would have access to the par file.

Regards,

Diane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

i sugest you add some properties about Security Zones in your development

first Define your Security Zones naming and so on

define in portalapp.xml for each component you create add this

<component name="OutageMessageAdmin">

<component-config>

<property name="ClassName" value="com.acn.r61.SystemConnectionAdmin.OutageMessageAdmin"/>

<property name="SecurityZone" value="com.acn.r61.SystemConnectionAdmin/high_safety"/>

</component-config>

<component-profile>

<property name="tagLib" value="/SERVICE/htmlb/taglib/htmlb.tld"/>

<property name="SecurityZone" value="com.acn.r61.SystemConnectionAdmin.OutageMessageAdmin/high_safety"/>

</component-profile>

</component>

it helps to define what is the level required for this component

once you have done and component deployed

in portal go to System Administration --> Permisions and navigate thought Security zones you have defined and review assigned permisions you can add roles or groups to the list to define your policies

hope it helps

Regards

Ruben

former_member540174
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks - that got me 90% there. I then found this Wiki that finished off the permission issue.

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/EP/Unable%2bto%2bsee%2bcomponent%2bpar%2bfiles%2bwhile%2bcreating%2ban%2biView">https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/EP/Unable%2bto%2bsee%2bcomponent%2bpar%2bfiles%2bwhile%2bcreating%2ban%2biView</a>

Content Admins are now creating iViews from my template.

Thank you!

Diane

Answers (0)