cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iView error in XML Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am currently working on the following tutorial for XML Forms: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/creating xml forms 6.0

I have created the forms in XML. However, when I save my project, I get a message which says, "The consistency check reported errors or warnings. Do you want to Save anyway?", to which I hit "Yes". Then I went to "Content Administration" > "Portal Content" > "temp" and created an iView named "News Authoring". I did apply all the 4 settings mentioned in the tutorial. Then when I preview the iView, I get a message which says: "Item not found - /documents/myTest1". (myTest1 is the name of my project)

I checked under "/documents" and I could not see "myTest1". I am a bit new to iViews and Forms and hence I am not able to identify where exactly I am going wrong. Can anyone please help me?

Sincerely,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

You've probably set the 'Path to initialy displayed folder' and 'Path to root folder' as '/documents/myTest1'. You must create this directory yourself. Just go to '/documents/', create the directory 'myTest1' and let us know if it solves your problem.

Regards,

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help Patrick. I did go to "Documents" and create the folder. So now, when I preview the iView, I don't get any error message. I am working on XML Forms because I need to design an XML Form which accepts input from the user. When the user clicks on the "Send" button in the XML Form, the data needs to be sent by email as well as saved. Can you please point me in the right direction? Once again, thanks for all your valuable time and help.

Sincerely,

Sri

P.S. I have also created a seperate thread for this particular project I am working on. Thanks.