cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITServer - Internet Service created by us not working in SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai all,

We have SAP R/3 4.6C and a ITS server 6.1. We created some Internet service and published in our ITS server.

We have ugpraded our system to SAP ERP Central Component 5.0, which has inbuilt ITS server. I published the standard SAP internet service "BWSP" and our own internet services. The problem is standard SAP Internet Service is working whereas the the internet service which we developed is not running.

Before publishing i did the following settings, Utilities => Settings => Internet Transaction Server, in the "Test Service" tab i have selected "Default Web Server" radio button and on "Publish" tab i have selected "On All Defined Sites".

I published the service by selecting Publish =>Complete Service by right clicking on the service name.

When i execute the service using ITS url i am getting the following error

Service cannot be reached

What has happened?

URL http://devnw2.xy.gov.sg:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/ZGEESIS001/! call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available

Please let me know what's wrong and what is the solution to correct it.

Regards,

Basha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your internet service "ZGEESIS001" is a webgui one or flowfile/webrfc one.

the integrated ITS would work only for webgui.

also you need to publish your service ZGEESIS001 to "ITERNAL" which you would get from the dropdown, fro utilities->setting->its->publish...

also check in transaction SICF whether your serivce is actiavted- else activate the same. you can find your serivice under the following path

default_host/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Raja,

My internet service "ZGEESIS001" is webgui one.

I published the service as "Internal" one by following the steps which you said and then checked in transaction SICF. My service is not in the path which you told.

Hence i tried to add the service explicitly in the the path u mentioned using the transaction SICF.

I typed Y in the field GUILINK and there is a setting button in which i keyed in the following entries,

~TRANSACTION zgeestc017

~THEME 99

~COOKIES 1

~DESIGNS sap_streamline

~RUNTIMEMODE pm

~DISCONNECTONCLOSE 0

~FLICKERFREE 0

~URLIMAGE /sap/public/bc/its/graphics

~URLMIME /sap/public/bc/its/mimes

~URLARCHIVE /scripts/sapawl.dll

and then activated and tried to access still getting the same error. Please advice how to resolve this problem.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The steps you have done are correct. If you dont have the templates developed for your serivce, then add ~generateDynpro = 1 to the SICF service.

Try this and let us know.

Regards

Raja

Since you are new to SDN forum, may i introduce you to the Conributor Recognition Program. Please go thru the following link.

/people/mark.finnern/blog/2004/08/10/spread-the-love

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Raja,

I tried adding in the entry as below.

The below value i just copied from the service BWSP and put it here and changed the transaction code.

~TRANSACTION zgeestc017

~THEME 99

~COOKIES 1

~DESIGNS sap_streamline

~RUNTIMEMODE pm

~DISCONNECTONCLOSE 0

~FLICKERFREE 0

~URLIMAGE /sap/public/bc/its/graphics

~URLMIME /sap/public/bc/its/mimes

~URLARCHIVE /scripts/sapawl.dll

~GENERATEDYNPRO 1

The below is the full error which i got when i tried to run the service after doing the above change.

What has happened?

URL http://devnw2.abc.gov.sg:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/ZGEESIS001/! call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

Note

The termination occurred in system D00 with error code 404 and for the reason Not found.

The selected virtual host was 0 .

What can I do?

Please select a valid URL.

If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

ErrorCode:ICF-NF-http-c:000-u:SAPSYS-l:E-i:devnw2_D00_00-v:0-s:404-r:Notfound

HTTP 404 - Not found

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

Regards,

Basha.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is another important parameter missing

~WEBGUI = 1

Regards

Raja

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I missed one crucial thing, sorry about that.

in the newly created Z service in SICF add the following to the handler list

"CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS"

Double click on your service.

go to the handler list tab

in the first row type in "CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS"

save your service and activate it.

i have tested these things successfully.

Regards

Raja

if the question is answered, reward the answers which were helpful to you and mark the thread as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Raja,

Its working fine. The screen is shown when i execute the service, but the screen fields are in disable mode. Is there any property which enable the screen field for input.

Regards,

Basha

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont think there is any special property to make the screen field enable/disable.

this will be a service specific issue. check the service for possible issues.

Regards

Raja

if your question is answered, reward the helpful answers with points and mark the thread as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Raja,

Thanks for the solution. I have marked the query as answered.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good to hear that i was able to help you.

Is the disabled fields issue solved?

Regards

Raja

Answers (0)