cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS:: how to get diagnostics.log info to display in extautherror.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

We have links in our Intranet to SAP transactions thru ITS.

On errors, the “<b>extautherror.html</b>” page displays the “<b>messageline</b>” parameter.

But the really useful information is in "<b>diagnostics.log</b>". The “messageline” message is too generic an doesn’t help users nor developers.

So, how could I get the value of the “<b>sapextauth: Error in Rfc Login: System returned:</b>” message by code? (for example, the kind of message that shows "has no RFC authorization for function group SYST".)

Its possible to get that diagnostics information to display it in the "extautherror.htm" page instead of the generic message (or added)?

Thanks

-miguel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Strehle
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

the message line comes from sapextauth, the diagnostics from SAPBasis, the kernel part of ITS.

The diagnostics can not be displayed in extautherror.html.

The errors are written to sapextauth.trc. In the trace of ITS you can increase the trace level only for sapextauth and then your admins have to read only this trace file.

regards,

-markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Strehle
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the HTML template "extautherror.html”" is only an example.

You cannot use the RFC error.

The system error messages schould not displayed to a normal user. Such messages will appear in sapextauth.trc trace file.

You should change your extautherror.html template to display something like:

"Error in Logon, inform your Admin".

regards,

-markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Markus

I already changed “extautherror” template to include a Spanish “reassuring” message. Buy I keep the displayed “messageline” parameter as a tech clue.

In our case, this is the message displayed in the extautherror template coming from the messageline parameter:

"<i>The external authentification was successful, but you could not log on to the SAP system and therefore you did not receive a logon ticket.

Check the SNC configuration between the AGate and the application server. Make sure the user name provided from the PAS authenticating system is the same as the user's ID in the SAP system.(~extid_type = UN)

See SAP Notes 358469 and 493107 in case of problems. If you want test your system using the ITS Administration tool, see SAP Note 389810.</i>”

I agree with you: It’s not useful for users. But it’s not useful for developers, either. As I told you, the problem was “no RFC authorization for function group SYST”.

We need to ask for Logs to the administrators. So we could be faster in solving problems if users (internal users) could forward the most useful message. In this case, the message that it’s written in “diagnostics.logs”.

In other words:

1- Where is the "messageline" parameter filled?

2- Where is the "diagnostics.log" being written?

3- How could we get the same "diagnostic.log" message into the messageline parameter?

Thanks a lot.

-miguel

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

you can setup a ITS Admin instance and give developers the permissions to look into the diagnostics.log. ITS Admin can be called from within the browser.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

… Its quite disappointing that there is no error code or message available at “extautherror” page with the exact reason, such as “diagnostics” shows.

It would be very helpful.

Anyway, thank you both for your help.

Best regards.

-miguel