cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item level PR Release workflow without SAP HR module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a requirement in which the PR release should follow the release strategy based on the amount limits. This configuration is done in the system.

SAP HR module is not implemented in our system.

Do I've to create a custom workflow for the same or can make use of the standard workflow WS00000038 and assign the users from  Enhancement M06B0001?

I've maintained the triggering event in SWE2 as, BUS2009 RELEASESTEPCREATED WS00000038.

For Working with standard Workflow do I've to do any other settings?

I've to send mail with ME54N link and attachment to the users maintained  in the custom  table.

If this is sent to SAP inbox using standard workflow, I can achieve using extended notifications.

Please suggest if I've to go with custom workflow or I can use the standard workflow.

Thanks,

Karthika M R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KM,

if you using UserExit mentioned above, you need to set the Release strategy with 'Role Resolution via user exit' [9] and build your logic where you can fetch the agents using SAP standard Function Modules.

Its always better to make a copy of std.WF and use that in your process.

Regarding settings, you need to check SWU3 if the customization settings are in place.

To send link of ME54n and other things, you can find a number of threads on SDN.

Hope it helps.

Aditya V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for your reply.

My issue is whenever PR is created its not going to the Enhancement M06B0001.

Configuration has been done for role resolution and values are available in Table - T16FC.

If I've to create a custom workflow, then what is the significance of this enhancement?

Will it be able to display the user details in ME53N fetched from the custom table.

Thanks,

karthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please implement the enhancement and it should work. Also check you have not maintained specific Org Unit while configuring release strategy.

Thanks

Arghadip