cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Table comparsion transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having an issue with Table comparsion Transformation in SAP BODS.

Below are the details.

1. We are using three data flows which are executed in sequence.

2. First data flow inserts some dummy records in a dimension dim_X (Truncates and loads the dim_X)

3. Second data flow inserts 100 records in the same dimension dim_X (Appends to existing Dim_X)

3. Third data flow uses a query transform and Table comparsion to check if similar records exists in the compared table then update the record or else insert.

We are using DIM_X as comparsion table in table transform, issue is that even though there exists common records between query transform and compared table (dim_X) in 3rd data flow it is insert a new record rathering than updating.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check your compare columns, have you specified compare columns ? what are the datatypes of the compare columns

you will have to check the data in source and compare table to identify why the rows are going as insert based on the compare column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the comparisions are correct, records are being inserted instead of updating the existing records. I googled it out and found that the bulk loader options in the target table has to be selected to none rather than selecting API, doing so fixed my problem but didn't understood what's the reason behind it.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't believe you can bulk-load an update; your target table configuration (to use bulk loading) was trumping the presumed mix of inserts & updates. Run your code in debug mode and check the operations flags on the records coming out of the Table Comparison transform -- you'll likely see a proper & expected mix of I's and U's (and N's). But they were of no effect when using bulk loading.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replies, i have checked it and find exactly as mentioned. Thanks once again, my issue is resolved.

Answers (0)