cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with master data loading after infoobject change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I happened to change the info object properties (changed the length of char info object from 8 to 15) and now trying to do a test extract from ECC the records are getting extracted.however when i try to cross check the test data of the RSA3 extract on BW system the records are not getting updated.

Before the changes i drop the Master data via SE14.

How do i get this sorted? Please help.

Regards,

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar

1. You should not drop data from SE14 ....Which table data you deleted? P table or SID table?  If you have deleted SID table , this is definitely going to create inconsistency in cubes data.

If you really need to delete data, delete it from Context Menu of InfoObject after deleting data from  relevant Cube and DSO.

2. I guess increase of field length is possible , even when data is there in master data tables. Just give it a try. If that is not possible, you might opt for creation of new InfoObject with increased length .

3. After changing the length, did you reactivate data source and  transfer structure ?

Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all delete the data from all the cubes,dso etc where this infoobject is being used. Delete the indexes also from the infoproviders. Now, try to load the data. It should work now. Do change run attribute if required.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

But Vidya Sagar has said the has deleted the sid for SE14 so it would have deleted all the data , which is present in DSO , Cube for that info object..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it customised r standard extractors ? If customised did u change the length of the field ( info object) in extract structure , try it replicate and load it . It should work fine.