cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Hidden Objects/Filters in SAP Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I'm including a Hidden object in my QaaWS and then consume the QaaWS in my Xcelsius Model, it throws a MDX error when I do a preview. What is the solution?

Actually the problem is when I pass prompt values to a Hidden Filter it throws the error, also the problem repeats when u unhide the filter, the filter disappears from the query. Any help is appreciated.

Ingo's Reply:

Hi,

could you open this as a case in the SAP Integration Kit forum ? its easier to respond and in that case other people can see the information as well.

Do you see the filter in the Universe itself ?

Are you being prompted when you create the web service ?

Ingo

View Entire Topic
IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for opening it here.

Let me ask a couple of questions:

- I assume you do see the filter based on the variable in the universe itself ?

- does the filter show up when you define the QaaWS webservice and are you able to see the preview ?

- whats the value you are sending to the filter ? Make sure you are sending the KEY value and not the description.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are unable to see the SQL behind the objects or prompts. I believe the filter is being referenced in the measure objects.It is a mandatory filter.

The Filter appears as a condition in the universe, but is is hidden. Now when we pull the QaaWS the filter text shows up, I select the prompt values and the data shows up in the Preview mode.

When I run the QaaWS from xcelsius, it does not accept the prompt values and throws a database error.

When we unhide the Condition in the universe, and edit the QaaWS, the prompt text is not picked up , hence the preview does not work.

Regards

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so you see the filter, you see the prompt in the QaaWS tool, it shows up in Xcelsius via the WSDL - correct ?

Whats the value you are sending in to WSDL from Xcelsius ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct.

I have the prompts mapped to some cells in the excel file within the xlf.

Firstly, I tried putting in default values by hard coding them. The prompt objects are charcter type , hence just typed in the text.

I then tried using a combo box to make the same dynamic but in both cases I am getting the database error.

Regards

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so you need to send in the KEY values for the values that you want to send it. take a look here:

XC, CR and LO Part 1 of 4

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/10/03/businessobjects-and-sap-part-1-of-4--creating-a-xcelsius-dashboard-on-top-of-sap-bi

XC, CR and LO Part 2 of 4

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/10/07/businessobjects-and-sap-part-2-of-4--creating-a-xcelsius-dashboard-on-top-of-sap-bi

XC, CR and LO Part 3 of 4

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/10/07/businessobjects-and-sap-part-3-of-4--creating-a-xcelsius-dashboard-on-top-of-sap-bi

XC, CR and LO Part 4 of 4

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/10/10/businessobjects-and-sap-part-4-of-4--creating-a-xcelsius-dashboard-on-top-of-sap-bi

Technical Material

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/11/19/businessobjects-integration-with-sap-netweaver-bi--technical-material

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are following the same steps from the Links. We are giving the same values as we had given in the Preview mode of QaaWS. However, we still get the error.

We tried the whole thing with LiveOffice, Same result.

Regards

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

- so where do you receive the list of values for the controls in Xcelsius ?

- which value do you send to the parameter from the WSDL ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are Hardcoding the List of Values which we Pass as Parameters

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BUT WHICH VALUE ARE YOU SENDING ?

Is it the KEY or the description ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo,

We are passing the Description.

Regards,

Kalyan Verma

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that is the issue. You can't send the description. you need to send the key value.

why ? the description can be language dependent and is not unique. Example: You can have a Country Description for EN and one for DE and one for FR ...

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using the same List of Values that we used to Preview in the QaaWS tool. It works for the Preview.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

because you SEE the description and the KEY is being send - like in WebI.

when you build your own selector you need to ensure the proper value is being send to the underlying source.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to find in the SAP Universe, the relationship between the Key and the Description?

Regards

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the key and descriptions are both available as objects in the universe.

Ingo