cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue on transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have question on issue in transports and the issue is my ODS object has got navigational attribute say 5 attributes and my quality server ODS has got only 4 navigational attribute defined in that same ods name.This 5th navigational attribute object does not exist in quality.Will my transport request for ODS go successfully to quality even though the 5th navigational attribute object does not exist in qulality.

Regards,

Ayyappa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Varadarajan,

YES! It will go through! The new ODS that you are transporting to QA server will come into effect after this is imported in the QA server. See to it that you have the new infoobjects also are available in QA server.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Before transporting this new ods with 5 navivational attribute in it from development to quality server. Do I need to delete the data in ODS in quality and then transport this new ods? we want to avoid deleting data in quality and also our production box ods because they are containing very large amount of data and also to tell you we have enabled delta load from ods to infocube.how can we handle this?

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you have no need to delete data in ods.

delta won't get impact, navigational attribute didn't exist in ods physical table (you can try check active table /bic/a[odsname]00 or /bi0/ for business content.

update rules ods-cube won't be deactivated with navigational attributes checked in ods, you can recheck to make sure. you may want transport that ods not in system peak time.

hope this helps.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyappa,

if you have already a transport req. with the ODS look at into it if there's the 5th navigational attribute obj..if there is, transport will execute fine, otherwise it will crash.

If does not exist any transport req for the ODS, create one with the grouping method "in data flow before".

hope it helps

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the info object which is used as the 5th Navigational Attribute is present in the QA then the request will go fine. Else include the info object in the request

regards

Happy Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyappa,

Welcome to SDN!!

No. the transport would fail as the navigational attribute does not exist.

Bye

Dinesh

rajv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Your current CTS or transport request should be thur in fact it overwrites the old version, meaning the ODS in qaulity will noe 5 nav attr

Hope u get some clues...

-Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you collect ODS in request from transport organizer it should put in it also the 5 IO needed; otherwise the transport will fail.

Regards