Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Process chain in SAP BW ON HANA

SANJEEVE
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Advance thanks for your help.

I am struck in between talk related to process chain activating. Please find below error message.

In process chain Activating requesting in ADSO--->Maintain Variant...getting below error.

request you to help me to resolve this issue.

View Entire Topic
UBrand251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeeve,

when I created a process chain recently, I came across a very similar roadblock. While my message differs slightly, I am offering my insight and a simple solution.

First, you should notice that the pop-up does not show an error message, but an information message, i.e. a warning. Second, when you click on the question mark in the bottom right corner, then a help-text window will appear, probably like the one below.

The help text explains that the warning is related to the update of the DSO's change log. The process step "Activate Request in DSO" is meant for those DSOs that preserve full information by writing to the change log. However, some DSO templates, e.g. Data Mart DSO, do not create a change log, but still, they require activation as they have an inbound and active table. The warning continues to say that the process step will be activated if the warning is simply acknowledged by pressing the OK button.

'hope this help. Good luck!