cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in getting data to DSO using real-time data acquisition(with service API) in SAP BI 7.3

ajay_jce05
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create a data flow for real-time data extraction from a Generic datasource.

1. Created a generic datasource successfully with RDA option enabled.

2. Replicated the same in BW side and created DSO with respective InfoObjects and activated the same.

3. Created RDA DTP for the DSO and Initial Delta Load InfoPackage for the RDA type Datasource.

4. Created transformation and changed the DSO to standard type for DSO.

5. Successfully brought the historical data to DSO through PSA by running Initialize delta process InfoPackage and standard DTP and activated the data in DSO.

6. Have created RDA InfoPackage for the Datasource and changed the DTP type to Real-time.

7. Have created a new Daemon assigning both RDA InfoPackage and RDA DTP and started the Daemon.

8. When I try to load some sample data in the ECC table, the new sample data from ECC comes to PSA, but it is not further moving to DSO.

The RDA monitor for InfoPackage is in yellow color.(which means Daemon is active and loading data/running fine)

While the RDA monitor for DTP is in green color.

Please advise me if I need to make any corrections in the DSO settings or in real-time DTP or anywhere else, so that the simulated data reaches DSO successfully.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ajay_jce05
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All.. Guess some patch was missing on the system which was running on version 7.3

Have achieved RDA on another system which runs on version 7.4.

Thanks all for your valuable time!

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See below link. This worked for me.

ajay_jce05
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. V! The given thread was nice.. I executed all the steps that were mentioned.. But my issue is - In the daemon monitor screen, as soon as I activate the daemon, Both RDA InfoPackage and RDA DTP turn green and active.. Also a yellow color monitor gets open below the RDA InfoPackage.

When I added few records manually in the ECC table, those new records comes to PSA. At the same time a green color monitor opens below RDA DTP in daemon monitor screen. (Which is supposed to be a yellow color one). Therefore data is not further moving to DSO. Please find the attached screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

real time IP will be yellow for the Time specified in your IP settings. If there is any Data change in source system, it will be replicated here. Here, Already all the transferred records to PSA are loaded to DSO and DTP is turned  green. Now Real Time DTP won't load until new record comes in PSA.

ajay_jce05
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have loaded some 2-3 sample data in the ECC table.. Daemon triggers the RDA IP and hence the simulated data comes to PSA. But it is not further moving to DSO. That's the problem I face.. Please provide some inputs if anyone have implemented RDA using service API or have good knowledge in it...

0 Kudos

Hi

From your screen shot, there are 3 records in open state. can you check the DTP monitor for logs.

Rgs

Chandra

ajay_jce05
Explorer
0 Kudos

@Chandra - It is in closed state, it DTP monitor, in is not showing any errors or warnings.

ajay_jce05
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can someone please read this post and help me on this? It's an urgent request..

Awaiting response...