cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue (Doubt) in Workbook!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 3 reports that are to be done and the users want to see all these reports in one layout. So I had used a workbook to have all the reports displayed in one layout.

While creating each of the reports on an individual basis I had selected the same Characteristics as the Selection Variables and also as the Free characteristics. When I execute each of these reports individually I am able to drill down on the characteristics I have included in each report.

The way I created my workbook is, first I executed Report 1 and then saved it as a workbook and then inserted the other 2 reports by going into the design mode and stuff and successfully merged all of the 3 reports into 1 workbook.

So the issue here is, since the selection variables for all the 3 reports are the same I don't have a problem executing the report, but when I want to drill down on the free characteristics ( For all the 3 reports Free Characteristics are the same ), I am able to drill down only on the Report 1 that I had executed first and saved as a workbook. But am unable to drill down on the other 2 reports that I had inserted into the workbook later.

So I had tried a trial & error method where this time I have first executed Report 2, saved it as a workbook and then inserted the queries for report 1 & report 3 and I am able to drill down only on report 2 which I had executed and saved as a workbook.

So I want to know, is this the way we can work with workbooks or is there a way where we can drill down on all the 3 reports. If we can drill down on all the reports in a workbook, kindly let me know how we go about it. Kindly pass on your suggestions and it's pretty urgent so earlier the better.

Thanks a lot,

Guru.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

My problem with the Workbook hasn't been solved yet, so I tried an other option of saving all my 3 reports as 3 separate views. Then I executed my report 1 View and saved it as workbook and then in the design mode I inserted the views for Report 2 & report3 . Still the problem exists, am unable to drill down on the characteristics I had included.

Somebody kindly advise me what to do, and I am using Query designer here not WAD. My Excel is 2007 just in case if there is an issue with this version.

Guru.

pavel_afanasiev
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I am reading through the thread and wanted to know - are you using three different data providers, or do you have all three analysis grids pull from 1 data provider? As Kirill described, you need to have separate data providers for all.

Pavel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

I have 3 different data Providers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

it should be possible if you manually insert the navigational areas for the remaining 2 queries (in design mode).

For each navigational area you can define the data provider (the appropriate query), Then you can navigate in all 3 queries.

Regards,

Kirill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kirill, let me try this option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kirill, it isn't working man. I did what you had asked me to, inserted the navigational area button for each of the other 2 queries in design mode. When I come out of the design mode I could see the Free characteristics displayed next to each of my reports in the workbook but still am not able to drill down on the other 2 reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you describe it more precisely?

You see now 3 navigational areas, one for each query.

If you drill down on one of them, is it not drilled down there?

Or do you want to drill down once (on one query) and expect the drill down on your all 3 queries?

Regards,

Kirill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirill,

I would prefer to drill down on all my 3 queries at once as that would be convenient for the users too rather than drilling down on each report in my workbook. So is it possible to have a common area in the workbook where if I click on one of the characteristics over there I can drill down in all the 3 reports.

And still, I tried with what you had advised me. This is what I had done, I executed report 1, then in design mode I inserted the analysis grid and inserted my query for report 2 in that analysis grid. Then I inserted a navigation pane design item and in that I gave the query for my report 2.

When I come out of design mode I could see the characteristics displayed next to each of my reports. but still am not able to drill down on the characteristics for my 2nd report. When I double click on one of the characteristics I don't get the drill down.

But still I can drill down on report 1.

Thanks,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

i have tried the following:

1.i have copied one query to another -> the second query has the same structure as the first.

2. i have executed the first query in the workbook -> SAP created the navigational area automatically.

3. i have created the analysis grid on another excel sheet of the workbook and defined there the new data provider with the link to the second query

4. i have added the navigation pane with the link to the second data provider.

5. now if i navigate on both (for example set Year=2008 on the 1st and year=2007 on the 2nd), then i get the needed result.

I have noticed, that SAP reset the data provider in the second navigation pane to the 1st data provider, though i have set it to the second, while creating, just check if every navigation pane points now to the correct data provider ...

Regards,

Kirill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirill,

Thanks once again, but all my reports don't have the same structure in terms of the Info Objects am having in my rows & columns. Only my Filter & Free Characteristics are the same.

And the option you had given to me this morning, inserting the navigation pane, I guess that approach is done in WAD. Here am using Query Designer.

Guru.