cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue capturing Windows Explorer

raphaelberlth
Participant
0 Kudos

When trying to capture a simple Windows Explorer session as a new application, I have tried all available technologies to capture. Unfortunately no technology is recognizing the Windows Explorer whereas capturing of web applications like Chrome or IE as well as Excel are working perfectly fine. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peterengel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

I just captured the explorer with UI Automation and it looks like it work quite well. I started on the File Explorer view and captured the page.

Br,

Peter

raphaelberlth
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

Many thanks for your quick answer. Unfortunately in my version when adding a new application and using “UIAutomation” as technology, the system doesn’t recognise the “FileExplorer” like it does in your picture. Which version of Desktop Studio are you using? Could it possibly be an issue with my version? I am using Desktop Studio 1.0.4.67

Otherwise I am going to try to reinstall the Studio. Possibly that helps.

Best regards

Raphael

peterengel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

I am already working on the latest version 1.0.5. I would recommend that you upgrade to this version.

Br,

Peter

raphaelberlth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I have upgraded to version 1.0.5.57, still the studio doesn't recognize the FileExplorer. Everything I can see when trying to add a new application with UIAutomation technology is the following even though the FileExplorer is open as you can see from the background:

fileexplorer.png

Any ideas?

Br,

Raphael

raphaelberlth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

after several attempts I have been able to find the correct application hidden somewhere underneath by using WIN technology instead of UIAutomation. UIAutomation still doesn't recognize the application correctly on my system.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Br,

Raphael