cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolation Group creation in Redwood

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requesting your inputs for creating isolation groups in Redwood. Also please let me best practices for maintaining isolation group in Redwood.

Yeshwant Mulay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yeshwant Mulay,

To create an isolation group:

In the OEM version you log in to the GLOBAL isolation group and navigate to Security  > Isolation groups , right click and select New Isolation Group, give it a name, import the users that are supposed to access it, then you are done.

Regards,

HP

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yeshwant Mulay,

The first question I have is are you using the OEM or the full (chargeable) license ? I ask this because isolation groups are used to isolate user sessions from more than one SAP system. These are not recommended for non-OEM deployments because they are pretty complex to use.

If you have the OEM version, you simply create an isolation group for each SAP AS ABAP/AS JAVA you want to schedule workload on.

If you have the full (chargeable) version, avoid using isolation groups, if you can ... use partitions for isolation instead. Grant user A view rights on GLOBAL and A partitions, grant user B view rights on GLOBAL and B partitions. Make sure that A and B cannot create objects in GLOBAL, only in their respective partitions and you are good to go.

If you want to host several customer implementations on one host, look at/request the hosting module.

Regards,

HP