cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Webdynpro devt. mandatory to access workitems in UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have some custom workflow objects running on SAP R/3 system. All workflow approvals are done using SAP GUI only (i.e SBWP transaction). Now we are planning to implement Enterprise Portal.

So for accessing the workflow in the portal UWL - Is it mandatory to develop "Webdynpro ABAP/Java" programs for each workflow approval task ? Or Is there option to access the workitems directly in UWL wihtout any extra developments ?

Regards,

Anbarasan K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have lots of user decision steps in your workflows, for them there is a ready made application in portal. It will work automatically when you register your backend system for UWL.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Karri.

Actually, we have some custom decision steps with custom screens.

As per your reply, only configuring the UWL will be enough to make the workitems accessible from portal. But the screens will be similar to GUI screens.

I need to go for webdynpro applications, only if the user expects more sophisticated screens.

Is my understanding correct ?

Regards,

Anbarasan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, your understanding is correct. You can access/launch the SAP GUI screens from UWL. The user experience is not the best possible and you might encounter some problems with the usability - but perhaps not if your screens are simple. You will only find out this by testing.

An if you can present some nice demo of ABAP web dynpro for the customer, maybe you can sell the idea of new screens and have another project.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Karri..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not necessary to develop new applications. You can launch the transactions/screens from UWL too.

Anyhow, I have to say that they will not always work perfectly, and the users might not be happy about the experience when everything else is browser based web applications but some things will work with SAP GUI (this might not be so big problem if the users are already familiar with SAP GUI). Just test it and you will see how it works.

Regards,

Karri