cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to change/overwrite what the user inputs into a variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am wondering if there is a way to change the value a user enters on the selection screen. I tried via the customer exit but that didn't work.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found documentation stating one can't cahnge the values they enter but can oly validate them.

thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please confirm, you have written customer exit code in i_step = 2 or in i_step = 3..?

because, i_step = 2 or i_step=3 are executed after variable selection screen pop-ups.

Regards,Vj

Former Member
0 Kudos

In step 2 but I need to change it after they enter a value not before hand

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes..if you write the code in step 2, then the code will called only after user enters value and executes..

You can also try i_step=3. for that case.

Regards,Vj

Former Member
0 Kudos

it won't let me change it all I guess. I found some documentation that says user inputs can't be overwritten in the customer exit. I don't know if there is another way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have done couple of scenarios...especially happen with the variable for Current calendar date. which picks from the Customer exit code, and at the same it also pop-ups in the selection screen, and if at the end user wants to select any free date, he can choose here..but by defaults it always pop-ups current calendar date..from customer exit.

Regards, Vj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The ISTEP =2 user exit code should work fine.Also check if u have clear the LS_RANGE-Low before passing any value other than user input.clear both LOW and High in ISTEP=2 will do

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tired this and it still will not allow me to chagne the orginail value they enter. If they enter Y on the screen I can't change that to be blank. It still sees it as Y