cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way for BO XI r2 send to Database LDAP credentials instead of DBUSER and DBPASS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: ribeiro_pires

CA Forum: Authentication

We have a BO XI R2 installation with LDAP authentication.

The problem is that at connection level, BO sends to Database DBUSER and DBPASS. It's possible to send LDAP credentials (user has Login with this credentials)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: TAZ

I'm not 100% sure why but it appears that DBuser/DBpass is not able to send credentials when your DB is integrated with 3rd party accounts (such as AD/LDAP). I think it was supposed to be able to do that initially but it doesn't appear to work on SP2 or SP3 of XIR2.

It would be best to open a case as I believe this issue will be escalated soon. Make sure your engineer can either reproduce the problem or find the existing escalation( I'm not sure if one has been open yet).

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Martin Stehr

We have the same problem here...We need our database logins to be made with different BO usernames as each one logs in, and not with one "standard" BO-USER. We use Windows-AD authentication, which works fine.For Designer it is working well, since we modified the ODBC connection in order to use windows and not SQL Server authentication. But for the same universe, Infoview sends allways the same username to the database in order to log in, regardless of the Windows-AD user which logged in to Infoview.This is necessary for us, since our database has views, which return different data depending on who runs the query (user logged in).Any hints ???