cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a BusinessObject release roadmap/strategy from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there documented by SAP the release strategy/roadmap.

For instance timeline for each component about

- version

- support pack

- patching

It appears that with the ramp up ramp up release of BI SP03 FP3, and the Data Servcies and Information Steward remaining at SP02, the components are no longer release compatibile. So it would be good to have visibility of the roadmap of the BusinessObjects dependent conponent releases.

Thanks, Alan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great question!

Official BI Roadmap should be stored at service.sap.com/roadmap - however I just checked and it says the 2012 edition will be available soon

The Product Availability Matrix (PAM) should have some of this but I just checked and it doesn't have the dependencies with Data Services (services.sap.com/pam then BI 4.0 Platform)

So I hope SAP responds with more information on this.

Tammy

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there's a BOBj Patch Cycle on SMP :  http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000092015&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&

does that help?

Regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks both for the replies.

The SAP BusinessObjects maintenance schedule is close to what I wanted but it just has the BI 4.0 component maintenance releases that I'm interested in and no reference to the Data Services and Information Steward.

I've not seen it official, but my understanding is that the SP levels of the software components may diverge in the future, thereby requiring multiple installations and CMS to take advantage of the latest release features across the components - so BI at one release and the EIM components at another release; assuming of course use of the BI platform.

Alan

Message was edited by: Alan Kelly MCBC There is some further information regarding the maintenance durations at: http://blogs.sap.com/analytics/2011/07/27/demystifying-standard-sap-support-for-major-releases-of-sa... But not specifically calling out the implications software components at the different release levels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is available now under service.sap.com/roadmap under the "Analytics" section.

Regards,

Jacques.