cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP HANA express edition on premise and cloud foundry are same?

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Just I want to know , Is SAP hana express edition on premise installation and sap Cloud Foundry are same?

I mean, If I install SAP hana express edition vm on my pc , Can I practice all the programming part ( SAP CAP)on my on premise HANA server which will be done on SAP CLOUD Foundry?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MortenWittrock
Active Contributor

Hi Venkatesh

HANA XSA is based on Cloud Foundry, but they are not the same. There is more information to be found in this question: is HANA XS-Advanced actually Cloud Foundry on-premise?

If learning about Cloud Foundry and CAP is your goal, I suggest you set up a trial SAP Cloud Platform account and install the command line tools locally.

Regards,

Morten

0 Kudos

Hi Morten,

Thank you for your response.

As you said, my goal is to learn CAP. I thought of installing SAP Hana express edition on my PC and practice here instead of sap cloud platform.

Could I do it in SAP HANA EXPRESS instead of CF?

Thanks,

Venkatesh.

MortenWittrock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sap.machineni

If you install the CAP tools on your machine, you can develop locally. You don't need HANA Express for that. You can deploy to SAP Cloud Platform, of course, but you can also run your apps locally, if you want to stay offline.

Regards,

Morten

SebastianEsch
Active Participant

Hi Venkatesh,

in general, you can use the same development approaches on HANA Express and on Cloud Foundry. You can check https://help.sap.com/viewer/4505d0bdaf4948449b7f7379d24d0f0d/2.0.04/en-US/4050fee4c469498ebc31b10f2a... for an overview which modules / resources are available on HANA and/or CF.

And instead of the CF CLI, you need the XS CLI to deploy your application. See here for installation instructions: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/hxe-ua-install-xs-xli-client.html

Kind regards,

Sebastian