cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is LiveCache Mandatory even for a demo system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up a demo of SCM. ICH (working ok) and Demand planning. We have not installed LiveCache (SCM 41 and we don't have any 64 bit servers available).

When I replicate my transactional data from R/3 I get a SQL eror -709 in the outbound queues. As this is native SQL I have struggled to debug it.

It pointed me to note 582807, which lead me to believe it was failing due to attempting to connect to LiveCache.

Having earlier reviewed OSS note 752838 I was under the impression I had diabled LiveCache from my client.

Is LiveCache Mandatory for the SCM scenarios or for the purpose of demos can I get around it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roland. I posted in both as I was unsure if it was an issue or a question. Had the answer been live cache was needed, I would have gone on to see what my options were around installing Live cache on a 32 bit server, even though it would be unsupported in SCM41.

Thanks I wil persue through OSS.

Andrew

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I noticed you already opened a new OSS message 956136 for the exact same question on queue BC-DB-LCA-DP. That (=OSS)is the medium of choice for such questions about liveCache or SCM.

Kind regards,

Roland