cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use SAP MDG on SAP ECC 6 Ehp 4?

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I was reading through the SAP MDG Solution and was wondering if it can be used on SAP ECC 6 EHp 4 system? Is it necessary to upgrade to EHp 5 or are there other solutions? Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chaitanya Kasarkod

If you mean that:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/SAPMasterData+Governance

supplier

financial

or material

just install packages for.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I was referring to the links you have provided but I am under the impression that MDG can be used and is available only with SAP ECC 6 Ehp 5. Can we use it on SAP ECC 6 Ehp 4 and to do so, what specific packages do we need to install? Detailed information on this will be highly appreciated.

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is already a version for SAP Master Data Governance, financial data available with EhP4, but the updated version of it, as well as SAP Master Data Governance, supplier data and material data are shipped with only EhP5 (currently in Ramp-up shipment).

Regards, Markus

0 Kudos

Thanks Marcus. We have SAP ECC 6 Ehp 4 and would like to explore SAP MDG even though it means looking at the older version of only the MDG Financials. When I look into SFW5, I do not see the MDG_FOUNDATION to activate. Do we need to install any packages?

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

These are licensed (priced) items.

Regards, MArkus

0 Kudos

Thank you. I misunderstood the "out of the box" term used in the Solution briefs.