cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get an date on the Hana Express SPS05 release ?

Hei,

Release data SPS 05 Hana Express.

It has been asked before, and the answer was this fall.

Is it possible to put a specific date on this release ?

Kind regards,

Frans Trip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Frans - company policy prevents me from giving a *specific* release date. Although we were initially targeting to have something by the Fall timeframe, that has been delayed. I am hoping we will see an SP5 release of HXE before the end of the year and will continue to work with Engineering to monitor that timeline. If anything changes on that front, I will post something in the SAP Community.

Best regards,
Mike Paola, SAP HANA Product Management

k137893
Explorer
0 Kudos

Mike, it's getting very late. The latest update of hana express dates back from 2020-01-21.

This hana sps05 was released in summer, and express was planned for late summer, then late september and here we are at the beginning of december.

Any update or commitement ?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sebflaesch
Explorer

Hello!

Some news about SAP HANA Express Edition SP05 ?

Seb

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor

6/30/2021 Update: Hello all - the SAP HANA Express (HXE) SPS05 release has been posted and will now be the version downloaded by the Download Manager (DLM) that one obtains after registering for SAP HANA Express. Note that there is a current issue that we're investigating where the DLM incorrectly reports checksum issues after a file has been downloaded. The file is still successfully downloaded however and can be used. We hope to resolve this issue soon. Thanks for your patience.

Regards, Mike Paola (SAP HANA Product Management)

Jörg_Brandeis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just in time! Thank you for the information!

Regards,
Jörg

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor

FYI - the issue where an incorrect checksum was reported has now been resolved. So SAP HANA Express SPS05 is good to go!

Regards, Mike

sebflaesch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to upgrade our SAP HANA Express Edition to SPS05 but we get this message:

Newer version of Resident hdblcm (2.4.86.0) is already installed.
There are no SAP HANA Platform components that could be installed or updated.

See the log: fermi-hdbclmlog.txt

Can someone help?
Seb

sebflaesch
Explorer
0 Kudos

It appears that the download manager on the server machaine was not upgrading to SPS05

After downloading SAP HANA Express SPS05 packages on another computer, we could upgrade and I think it's ok now:

fermi:hxeadm> HDB version
HDB version info:
version: 2.00.054.00.1611906357
branch: fa/hana2sp05
machine config: linuxx86_64
git hash: 989e98fd1334a1b6e36785c8bd7e9ab5239960f1
git merge time: 2021-01-29 08:45:57
weekstone: 0000.00.0
cloud edition: 0000.00.00
compile date: 2021-01-29 08:51:46
compile host: ld5147
compile type: rel

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The Download Manager itself is not updated with every release - but it does populate its list of downloadable components based on the latest SPS05 release.

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor

Hello all - unfortunately, we were not able to meet our original Q1/2021 target to release HANA Express SP05. We have now adjusted our timeline for a Q2/2021 release (ie. by June 30/2021). I recognize that there are various developers who are looking for an SP5 version of HANA Express - and we are still committed to delivering that - just delayed by a quarter. If you have any questions and would like to reach out to me individually, you can contact me at mike.paola@sap.com. Thanks for your patience.

Regards
Mike Paola, SAP HANA Product Management

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. Best regards!

Hi Mike,

The delivery of SP05 is still planned in between the next 3 days? 🙂

Regards

Axel

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Keven and all - there is no news to report yet regarding a HANA Express (HXE) SP05 release - and, as stated above, policy still prevents me from giving a specific release date. Although we were hoping to see an HXE SP05 release by end of year, it's now looking more like a release sometime in Q1/2021. Again, I will post news as soon as it happens. In the meantime, the HXE SP04 release should still provide a very complete experience for those wanting to try out HANA (on-premise based scenarios). It, however, would not have the latest SP5 features if that is something you are specifically looking for. One other thing I should mention - we recently introduced HANA Cloud Trial (https://www.sap.com/cmp/td/sap-hana-cloud-trial.html) - this provides users with the ability to also try out HANA Cloud (cloud-based scenarios). Hope this provides more clarity for you.

Regards, Mike

Hi Mike, there are always good reasons to have an on-premise tool 🙂

Jörg_Brandeis
Contributor

Hi Mike,

i hope, you had a good start in the new year.

Any news from the SP05? As an author and blogger, it is essential to access a current version. How can we celebrate and publish the new features, when we can not access them? At the moment I am writing on the second English edition of the book "SQLScript for SAP HANA", but i can not test any new features. That is a pity.

Regards,
Jörg

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Joerg - as per my previous comment, I'm still hoping we can deliver an HXE SP05 release in Q1/2021. If that changes, I will post another comment.

Regards, Mike

Hi Mike,

the first month of Q1/2021 ist nearly "gone by the wind", isn't it? 🙂

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Axel - yes, but there are still 2 more months in the quarter. 😉 As mentioned before, as soon as I have news to post regarding a HANA Express SP5 release, it will be here on the SAP Community.

0 Kudos

And now there are still 2 more weeks before Q2/2021 🙂

DirkO
Participant

Hi Mike,

just for your information. Q2/2021 will start in a couple of hours.

Any plans to skip HXE SP5 and move directly to HXE SP6?

Cheers,

DiO

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For those arriving here by search

SAP HANA, express edition is available for download