cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to display the transaction in display mode in portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created one transaction iview in portal say for eg: SE38.

i want to display this transaction in portal only in display mode so that users cannot edit/modify.

I checked with giving "Read" permission in portl to that iview. even though the user is able to change.

is this possible for the particular transaction to display only in display mode not as editable mode in portal?

Thanks,

vijaya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transactions are shown from backend in Portal. So the permissions for edit/display are also controllable from backend only and not in portal. Check with basis team for those permissions / roles.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Harini

I knew this. but my requirement is that only one or two users need to edit the data in that transaction from the backend.

If I give display mode in backend then samething can be displayed in portal. But i have to give write access to one or two users so that they can edit from backend.

is this possible?

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sure you can do it. Please contact some ABAPer. They will help you with the process. The authorizations for that user has to be set for this. I don't know it too technically but am aware there are some 3 types available and this decides the mode.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Ask your basis team to create two user on R/3 system

1st with edit permission to that Tcode eg - SE38

2nd with only view permission to that tcode eg - SE38

Now will doing, user mapping in user administrator in portal

set 1st userid /password to whom u have to give edit permission for that Tcode and set 2nd userid /password to portal user whom u want to just have read access for that tcode...

Hope this solves ur problem...

Please reward Points if helpfull.

Thanks

Gunja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

You have to maintain different Profile for different user in R/3. You can do it by transaction pfcg in R/3.

Profile 1-For Display activate only display option and attach that to User.

Profile 2-For Edit option only activate Edit option.

As suggested by others please consult basis team for this.

Regards

Parth