cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPC Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a CRM 4.0 with IPC server installed in <b>AIX</b>, i would like to know the version of the IPC i am using with the patch details for upgrade, could you please tell me how to check the version of my existing IPC server

Rgds

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think this info is written into trace file at startup (OSS notes 421480 is a good start).

Usually your IPC SP version should match your ABAP SP version that may also give you a clue...

Ratna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked an old trace file but it did not seem to have the version info....

Thus the version may be in one of the parameter or HTML files, or there as some useful ABAP function module COM_IPC* which may provide this data. If you install the Remote administrator on your PC you can use the Swing tools to easily find this.

Unfortunately on this project I don't have access to an IPC so I'm going from memory!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratna,

We can find the version info from IPC.properties file

but how come we know the patch level?

Rgds

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

OSS note 41361 states:

"The "patch level" has no significance in the context of support packages and will in most cases be equal to 1."

Am I missing something or does the SP version provide you with what you require? The RFCCOmmands.xml file provides this info.

Also OSS note 486061 - You may be able to find the .sar which was used to setup the IPC and use this note to judge the version

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am on IPC patch level 06.

My IPC.properties file shows :

Build-ID: 4.0.06.200405120005.50647

I am pretty sure 4.0.06 means patch level 06.

Please check your file and see what level it shows.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Sanket